325A, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building, Area 39, CUHK
- Axonal injury and regeneration of the central nervous system
- Ischemic injury of the retina
- Comparative study of retinas of animals
- Cho, E.Y.P. & So, K.F. (1987) Rate of regrowth of damaged retinal ganglion cell axons regenerating in a peripheral nerve graft in adult hamsters, Brain Research 419:369-374.
- Cho, E.Y.P. & So, K.F. (1989) De novo formation of axon-like processes from axotomized retinal ganglion cells which exhibit long distance growth in a peripheral nerve graft in adult hamsters, Brain Research 484:371-377.
- Cho, E.Y.P. & So, K.F. (1989) Regrowth of damaged retinal ganglion cell axons into a peripheral nerve graft is enhanced by a concurrent optic nerve crush, Experimental Brain Research 78:567-574.
- So, K.F. & Cho, E.Y.P. (1989) Advances in neural regeneration, Proceedings of the 10th Convocation of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons 10:53-61.
- Lau, K.C., So, K.F. & Cho, E.Y.P. (1991) Morphological changes of retinal ganglion cells regenerating axons along peripheral nerve grafts: A Lucifer Yellow and silver staining study, Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience 3:235-246.
- Cho, E.Y.P. & So KF (1992), Characterization of the sprouting response of axon-like processes from retinal ganglion cells after axotomy in adult hamsters: A model using intravitreal implantation of a peripheral nerve, Journal of Neurocytology 21:589-603
- So, K.F., Cho, E.Y.P. & Lau, K.C. (1992) Morphological plasticity of retinal ganglion cells following peripheral nerve transplantation, In Regeneration and Plasticity in the Mammalian Visual System, Eds. Lam D.M.K. & Bray G.M. MIT Press. Chp 9 pp. 109-124.
- Cho, E.Y.P. & So, K.F. (1993), Sprouting of axon-like processes from axotomized retinal ganglion cells is influenced by the distance of axotomy from the cell body and the mode of transplantation of the peripheral nerve, Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience 6:29-34
- Lei J.L, Lau, K.C., So, K.F., Cho, E.Y.P. & Tay, D. (1995), Morphological plasticity of axotomized retinal ganglion cells following intravitreal transplantation of a peripheral nerve segment, Journal of Neurocytology 24:497-506
- Yu, M.C., Cho, E.Y.P., Luo, C.B., Li, W.W., Shen, W.Z. & Yew, D.T. (1996), Immunohistochemical studies of GABA and parvalbumin in the developing human cerebellum, Neuroscience 70:267-276
- Lee, Y.L., Cho, E.Y.P. & Yung, K.K.L. (1998) Differential localization of GABAA receptor a and b subunits in the hamster retina and relationship with glutamic acid decarboxylase immunoreactivity, Neuroscience Letters 248:29-32.
- Kong, W.C. & Cho, E.Y.P. (1999), Antibodies against neurofilament subunits label retinal ganglion cells but not displaced amacrine cells of hamsters, Life Sciences 64:1773-1778
- Lai, M.Y. & Cho, E.Y.P. (1999), Regenerative sprouting of retinal ganglion cells of adult hamsters induced by the epineurium of a peripheral nerve, Brain Research 823:241-248
- Yew, D.T., Cho, E.Y.P., Kwong, W.H., Lai, H.W.L., Li, W.W.Y. & Lam, K.W. (2001) The eyes of jawed fishes, In Sensory biology of jawed fishes: new insights, Eds. Kapoor B.G. and Hara. T.J. Science Publishers, Inc., USA. pp.19-55.
- Cho, E.Y.P., Choi, H.L. & Chan, F.L. (2002), Expression pattern of glycoconjugates in rat retina as analyzed by lectin histochemistry, Histochemical Journal 34:589-600
- Su, H.X. & Cho, E.Y.P. (2003), Sprouting of axon-like processes from axotomized retinal ganglion cells induced by normal and pre-injured intravitreal optic nerve grafts, Brain Research 991:150-162
- Wong, W.K., Cheung, A.W.S. & Cho, E.Y.P. (2006), Lens epithelial cells promote regrowth of retinal ganglion cells in culture and in vivo, NeuroReport 17:699-704
- Lorke, D.E., Lu, G., Cho, E.Y.P. & Yew, D.T. (2006), Serotonin 5-HT2A and 5-HT6 receptors in the prefrontal cortex of Alzheimer and normal aging patients, BMC Neuroscience 7:36
- Sha, O., Kwong, W.H., Cho, E.Y.P., Yew, D.T.W. & Ng, T.B. (2008), Different neuronal toxicity of single-chain ribosome-inactivating proteins on the rat retina, Toxicon 51:45-53
- Shi, C., Kwong, W.H., Forster, E.L. & Cho, E.Y.P. (2008) Magnetic resonance imaging and its usage in representative areas of neurobiological research, Neuroembryology and Aging 5:39-48.
- Wai, M.S.N., Liang, Y., Shi, C, Cho, E.Y.P., Kung, H. & Yew, D.T. (2009) Co-localization of hyperphosphorylated tau and caspases in the brainstem of Alzheimer’s disease patients, Biogerontology 10:457-469.
- Chung, K.H. & Cho, E.Y.P. (2010), The Griffonia simplicifolia I isolectin B4 and tomato lectin recognize astrocytes instead of microglia in adult hamster retina, Neuroembryology ad Aging 5:166-181
- Sha, O., Yew, D.T.W., Cho, E.Y.P., Ng, T.B., Yuan, L. & Kwong, W.H. (2010) Mechanism of the Specific Neuronal Toxicity of a Type I Ribosome-Inactivating Protein, Trichosanthin, Neurotoxicity Research 18:161-172.
- Tong, W.M., Sha, O., Ng, T.B., Cho, E.Y.P. & Kwong, W.H. (2012), Different in vitro toxicity of ribosome-inactivating proteins (Rips) on sensory neurons and Schwann Cells, Neuroscience Letters 524:89-94
- Liu, X., Sha, O. & Cho, E.Y.P. (2013), Remote ischemic postconditioning promotes the survival of retinal ganglion cells after optic nerve injury, Journal of Molecular Neuroscience 51:639-646
- Wong, W.K., Cheung, A.W.S., Yu, S.W., Sha, O. & Cho, E.Y.P. (2014), Hepatocyte Growth Factor promotes long-term survival and axonal regeneration of retinal ganglion cells after optic nerve injury-comparison with CNTF and BDNF, CNS Neuroscience and Therapeutics 20:916-929
- Niu, J., Li, C, Wu, H., Feng, X., Su, Q., Li, S., Zhang, L., Yew, D.T.W., Cho, E.Y.P. & Sha, O. (2015), Propidium iodide (PI) stains Nissl bodies and may serve as a quick marker for total neuronal cell count, Acta Histochemica (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.acthis.2014.12.001)
- Wu, H., Zeng, M., Cho, E.Y.P., Jiang, W. & Sha, O. (2015) The Origin, Expression, Function and Future Research Focus of a G Protein-coupled Receptor, Mas-related Gene X2 (MrgX2), Progress in Histochemistry and Cytochemistry 50:11–17.
- Sha, O., Hao Y., Cho, E.Y.P. & Zhou, L. (2015) Clinical applications and side effects of ketamine, In Ketamine: Use and Abuse, Eds. D.T. Yew. CRC Press. pp. 13-36.
- Liu, X., Liang, J., Sha, O., Wang, S., Li, H. & Cho, E.Y.P. (2017) Protection of retinal ganglion cells against optic nerve injury by induction of ischemic preconditioning, International Journal of Ophthalmology 10:854-861.