B.Sc. (Fudan University Shanghai Medical School, China); M.Phil., Ph.D. (University of Cambridge, UK)
223A, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building, Area 39, CUHK
- Endothelial and Metabolic Dysfunction, and Novel Biomarkers in Diabetes, Hypertension, Dyslipidemia and Estrogen Deficiency
- Endothelium-derived Contracting Factors in the Regulation of Vascular Tone
- Adipose Tissue Regulation of Vascular Function in Obesity, Diabetes and Hypertension
- Ischemic Stroke and Neuronal Damage
- Pharmacological Characterization of New Anti-diabetic and Anti-hypertensive Drugs. Hypotensive and antioxidant Actions of Biologically Active Components of Traditional Chinese Herbs and Natural Plants including Polypehnols and Ginsenosides
- Zhang H, Liu J, Dan Qu D, Wang L, Luo JY, Lau CW, Liu P, Gao Z, Tipoe, GL Lee, Ng CF, Ma RCW, Yao X & *Huang Y (2016) Inhibition of miR-200c restores endothelial function in diabetic mice through suppression of COX-2. Diabetes 2016 Jan 28. pii: db151067. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hu W, Zhang Y, Wang L, Lau CW, Xu J, Luo JY, Gou L, Yao XY, Chen ZY, Ma RCW, Tain XY & *Huang Y (2016) Bone morphogenic protein 4-Smad induced upregulation of platelet-derived growth factor AA impairs endothelial function. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology 2016 Jan 14. pii: ATVBAHA.115.306302. [Epub ahead of print]
- Zhang Y, Liu J, Luo JY, Tian XY, Cheang WS, Xu J, Lau CW, Wang Li, Wong WT, Wong CM, Lan HY, Yao XQ, Raizada MK & *Huang Y (2015) Upregulation of angiotensin (1-7)-mediated signaling preserves endothelial function through reducing oxidative stress in diabetes. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling 23(11):880-892 with Cover Image of the Issue.
- Liu J, Wang L, Tian XY, Liu LM, Wong WT, Zhang Y, Han Q, Ho HM, Wang N, Wong SL, Chen ZY, Yu J, Ng CF, Yao X & *Huang Y (2015) Unconjugated bilirubin mediates heme oxygenase-1-induced vascular benefits in diabetic mice. Diabetes 64(5):1654-1575 with commentary 64(5):1506-1508.
- Liu L, Liu J, Tian XY, Wong WT, Lau CW, Xu A, XU G, Ng CF, Yao X, Gao Y & *Huang Y (2014) Uncoupling protein-2 up-regulation and oxidative stress inhibition mediate DPP-4 inhibition-induced restoration of endothelial function in hypertension. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling 21(11):1571-1581.
- Cheang WS, Tian XY, Wong WT, Lau CW, Lee ST; Chen ZY, Yao X, Wang N & *Huang Y (2014) Metformin protects endothelial function in diet-Induced obese mice by inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum stress through 5' adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase-peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor d pathway. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology 34(4):830-6.
- Zhang Y, Liu J, Tian XY, Wong WT, Chen Y, Wang L, Luo JY, Cheang WS, Lau CW, Kwan KM, Wang N, Yao X & *Huang Y (2014) Inhibition of bone morphogenic protein-4 restores endothelial function in db/db diabetic mice. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology 34(1):152-159.
- Dong J, Wong SL, Lau CW, Liu J, He ZD, Ng CF, Yao X, Chen ZY, Ni X, Wang H & *Huang Y (2013) Calcitriol restores renovascular function in estrogen-deficient rats through the downregulation of cyclooxygenase-2 and thromboxane-prostanoid receptor. Kidney International 84(1):54-63 with commentary 2013;84(1):9-11.
- Tian XY, Wong WT, Wang N, Lu Y, Cheang WS, Liu J, Liu L, Liu Y, Lee SST, Chen ZY, Cooke JP, Yao X & *Huang Y (2012) PPARd activation protects endothelial function in diabetic mice. Diabetes 61(12):3285-3293.
- Dong J, Wong SL, Lau CW, Lee, HK, Ng CF, Zhang L, Yao X, Chen ZY, Vanhoutte PM & *Huang Y (2012) Calcitriol protects renovascular function in hypertension by down-regulating angiotensin II type 1 receptors and reducing oxidative stress. European Heart Journal 33(23):2980-2990.
- Liu L, Liu J, Wong WT, Tian XY, Lau CW, Wang YX, Xu G, Pu Y, Zhu Z, Xu A, Lam KS, Chen ZY, Ng CF, Yao X, *Huang Y (2012) Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitor sitagliptin protects endothelial function in hypertension through a glucagon-like peptide 1-dependent mechanism. Hypertension. 60(3):833-841.
- Yuen CY, Wong SL, Lau CW, Tsang SY, Xu A, Zhu Z, Ng CF, Kong SK, Lee HK, Yao X & *Huang Y (2012) From skeleton to cytoskeleton: Osteocalcin transforms vascular fibroblasts to myofibroblasts via angiotensin II and Toll-like receptor 4. Circulation Research 111:e55-e66.
- Tian XY, Wong WT, Xu A, Lu Y, Zhang Y, Wang L, Cheang WS, Wang Y, Yao X & *Huang Y (2012) Uncoupling protein-2 protects endothelial function in diet-Induced obese mice. Circulation Research 110(9):1211-1216.
- Tian XY, Wong WT, Leung FP, Zhang Y, Wang YX, Lee HK, Ng CF, Chen ZY, Yao X, Au CL, Lau CW, Vanhoutte PM, Cooke JP & *Huang Y (2012) Oxidative stress-dependent cyclooxygenase-2-derived prostaglandin F2a impairs endothelial function in renovascular hypertensive rats. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling 16(4):363-373.
- Tian XY, Yung LH, Wong WT, Leung FP, Liu L, Chen YC, Kong SK, Kwan KM, Ng SSM, LaiPB, Yung LM, Yao X & *Huang Y (2012) Bone morphogenic protein-4 induces endothelial cell apoptosis through oxidative stress-dependent p38MAPK and JNK pathway. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology 52(1):237-244.
- Wong WT, Tian XY, Xu A, Yu J, Lau CW, Hoo RLC, Wang Y, Lee VWY, Lam KSL, Vanhoutte PM & *Huang Y (2011) Adiponectin is required for PPARg-mediated improvement of endothelial function in diabetic mice. Cell Metabolism 14(1):104-115.
- Wong SL, Lau CW, Wong WT, Xu A, Au CL, Ng CF, Ng SSM, Yao X & *Huang Y (2011) Pivotal role of PKCd in angiotensin II-induced endothelial cyclooxygenase-2 expression: A link to vascular inflammation. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology 31(5):1169-1176.
- Wong WT, Tian XY, Chen YC, Leung FP, Liu L, Lee HK, Ng CF, Xu A, Yao X, Vanhoutte PM, Tipoe GL & *Huang Y (2010) Bone morphogenic protein-4 impairs endothelial function through oxidative stress-dependent cyclooxygenase-2 upregulation: Implications on hypertension. Circulation Research 107(5):984-991.
- Wong WT, Tian XY, Xu A, Ng CF, Lee HK, Au CL, Chen ZY, Yao X & *Huang Y (2010) Angiotensin II type 1 receptor-dependent oxidative stress modulates endothelial dysfunction in aortas of diabetes mice and humans. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling 16(3):757-768.
- Wong SL, Leung FP, Au CL, Yung LM, Lau CW, Yao X, Chen ZY, Vanhoutte PM & *Huang Y (2009) Cyclooxygenase-2-derived PGF2a mediates endothelium-dependent contractions in the aortae of hamsters with increased impact during ageing. Circulation Research 104(2):228-235 with editorial commentary (104(2):141-143)