Research Assistant Professor
Room 406, 4/F, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building, Area 39, CUHK
- Innate and adaptive immune regulation in infectious diseases and cancers
- Transcriptional and epigenetic regulation of tumor microenvironment
- Zhou J, Liu M, Sun H, Feng Y, Xu L, Chan AWH, Tong JH, Wong J, Chong CCN, Lai PBS, Wang HK, Tsang SW, Goodwin T, Liu R, Huang L, Chen Z, Sung JJ, Chow KL, To KF, Cheng AS. Hepatoma-intrinsic CCRK inhibition diminishes myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunosuppression and enhances immune-checkpoint blockade efficacy. Gut. 2018 May;67(5):931-944. (Commentary: Gut. 2018;67:783–784.)
- Mok MT, Zhou J, Tang W, Zeng X, Oliver AW, Ward SE, Cheng AS. CCRK is a novel signalling hub exploitable in cancer immunotherapy. Pharmacol Ther. 2018 Mar 1. pii: S0163-7258(18)30015-9.
- Cheung KL, Kwok HY, Huang YR, Chen M, Mo YF ,Wu XL, Lam KS ,Kong HK, Lau CK, Zhou J, Li JJ, Cheng L, Lee BK, Peng QL, Lu XF , An MH , Wang H, Shang S, Zhou BP, Wu H, Xu AM , Yuen KY, Chen Z. Gut-homing Δ42PD1+Vδ2 T cells promote innate mucosal damage via TLR4 during Aacute HIV type 1 infection. Nat Microbiol. 2017 Oct;2(10):1389-1402.
- Liu M*, Zhou J*, Chen Z, Cheng AS. Understanding the epigenetic regulation of tumours and their microenvironments: opportunities and problems for epigenetic therapy. J Pathol. 2017 Jan;241(1):10-24.
- Cheng L, Tang X, Liu L, Peng J, Nishiura K, Cheung KL, Guo J, Wu X, Tang H, An M, Zhou J, Cheung KW, Wang H, Guan X, Wu Z, Chen Z. Monoclonal antibodies specific to human Δ42PD1: A novel immunoregulator potentially involved in HIV-1 and tumor pathogenesis. MAbs. 2015 Feb:10. 7(3), pp. 620-629.
- Tan Z*, Zhou J*, Cheung KL, Yu Z, Cheung KW, Liang J, Wang H, Lee B, Man K, Liu L, Yuen K, Chen Z. Vaccine-elicited CD8+ T cells cure mesothelioma by overcoming tumor-induced immunosuppressive environment. ancer Res. November 1, 2014 74; 6010-21.
- Zhou J*, Cheung KL*, Henggui Liu*, Tan Z, Xian Tang, Yuanxi Kang, Yanhua Du, Haibo Wang, Liu L, Chen Z. Potentiating functional antigen-specific CD8+ T cell immunity by a novel PD1 isoform-based fusion DNA vaccine. Mol Ther. Jul 2013; 21(7): 1445-1455.
- Zhou J, Cheung KL, Tan Z, Wang H, Yu W, Du Y, Liu L, Yuen K, Chen Z. PD1-based vaccine amplifies CD8+ T cell immunity in mice. J CIin Invest. 2013 Jun 3;123(6):2629-42.
- Liu L, Wei Q, Alvarez X, Wang H, Du Y, Zhu H, Jiang H, Zhou J, Lam P, Zhang L, Lackner A, Qin C, Chen Z. Epithelial Cells Lining Salivary Gland Ducts Are Early Target Cells of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Infection in the Upper Respiratory Tract of Rhesus Macaques. J Virol. 2011 Feb 2. 85(8):4025.
- Liu H, Yu W, Tang X, Wang H, Ouyang W, Zhou J, Chen Z. The route of inoculation determines the tissue tropism of modified vaccinia Tiantan expressing the spike glycoprotein of SARS-CoV in mice. J Med Virol. 2010 May;82(5):727-34.