B.Sc., M.Phil. (CUHK), Ph.D. (Cantab)
Telephone: 3943 6817
Address: 610J, Choh-Ming Li Basic Medical Sciences Building, CUHK
Dr. LAM Shi Ying Joyce (林思盈) is a lecturer in the School of Biomedical Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong. She obtained her B.Sc. and M.Phil. in Biology from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, and received her Ph.D. in Physiology, Development and Neuroscience in The University of Cambridge, UK. After graduation, she returned to Hong Kong and joined the School of Biomedical Sciences as an Instructor, Assistant Lecturer and Lecturer.
- Anatomy (Histology, Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy) and Physiology Education.
- Develop teaching and learning aids for the enhancement of student learning.
- Sha O, Wai MSM, Lam JSY, Fan X. Histology Workbook for Medical & Health Science Students. 1st Edition; ISBN: 978-7-117-21341-7/R - 21342. 224 pgs. Beijing, China: People’s Medical Publishing House, 2015.11. <P205655>
- Wang L, Lam JS, Zhao H, Wang J, Chan SO (2014) Localization of protein kinase C isoforms in the optic pathway of mouse embryos and their role in axon routing at the optic chiasm. Brain Res. 1575:22-32.
- Ng TB, Lam JS, Wong JH, Lam SK, Ngai PH, Wang HX, Chu KT, Chan WY (2010) Differential abilities of the mushroom ribosome-inactivating proteins hypsin and velutin to perturb normal development of cultured mouse embryos. Toxicol In Vitro. 24:1250-7.
- Chan WY, Ng TB, Lam JS, Wong JH, Chu KT, Ngai PH, Lam SK, Wang HX (2010) The mushroom ribosome-inactivating protein lyophyllin exerts deleterious effects on mouse embryonic development in vitro. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 85:985-93.
- Wizenmann A*, Brunet I*, Lam JS*, Sonnier L*, Beurdeley M, Zarbalis K, Weisenhorn-Vogt D, Weinl C, Dwivedy A, Joliot A, Wurst W, Holt C, Prochiantz A (2009) Extracellular Engrailed participates in the topographic guidance of retinal axons in vivo. Neuron. 64:355-66.
- Merianda TT, Lin AC, Lam JS, Vuppalanchi D, Willis DE, Karin N, Holt CE, Twiss JL (2009) A functional equivalent of endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi in axons for secretion of locally synthesized proteins. Mol Cell Neurosci. 40:128-42.
- Lam JS, Wang L, Lin L, Chan SO (2008) Role of protein kinase C in selective inhibition of mouse retinal neurites during contacts with chondroitin sulfates. Neurosci Lett. 434:150-4.
- Cheung AW, Lam JS, Chan SO (2005) Selective inhibition of ventral temporal but not dorsal nasal neurites from mouse retinal explants during contact with chondroitin sulphate. Cell Tissue Res. 321:9-19.
- Student Campus Training and Service Award Scheme 2018-19, United College, CUHK [PI: 07/2018 – 5/2019]: “Statistics Analysis on Students’ Viewing of Pre-class Materials” (HK$981.75).
- Teaching Development and Language Enhancement Grant (TDLEG) for 2016-19 Triennium, CUHK [Co-I, 01/2017 – 06/2019]: “Application of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) for Teaching Multidisciplinary Topics in Biomedical Sciences” (HK$496,980).
- Micro-module Courseware Development Grant Scheme 2: Studies in Foundation Courses 2016/17, CUHK [PI, 05/2017 – 12/2017]: “Enhancing Student’s Ability to Articulate Lymphatic Anatomy” (HK$70,000).
- Courseware Development Grant Scheme 2015/16, CUHK [Co-I, 09/2015 – 05/2016]: “Applying Physiological Concepts to Real Sports: A Micro-module Package” (HK$88,000).
- Courseware Development Grant Scheme 2011/12, CUHK [Co-I, 01/2012 – 12/2012]: “eDissecting Guide of Human Structure” (HK$48,000).