B.Sc. (CUHK), MMedSc., Ph.D.(HKU)
Telephone: 3943 7327
Address: 610H, Choh-Ming Li Basic Medical Sciences Building, CUHK
Dr. Jada Chia Di Lee (李嘉玓) received her B.Sc. in Human Biology from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. She further pursued her postgraduate studies of MMedSc and PhD specializing in Neuroscience at the Department of Anatomy, The University of Hong Kong. After graduation, Dr. Lee continued her research work at Department of Ophthalmology, HKU as a postdoctoral fellow. Before joining CUHK as assistant lecturer, she was a researcher concentrating in behavioural neuroscience of major depressive disorder. Her research interests include exploring the neurological basis of depression symptoms particularly on psychomotor retardation and cognitive dysfunction in relations with neurogenesis and the mechanisms underlying the respective treatments. She has been engaged in teaching human anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology and bioethics. .
- Teaching and learning in human anatomy and physiology
- Behavioural neuroscience
- Developmental neurobiology
- Jackie Ngai-Man Chan#, Jada, Chia-Di Lee#, Sylvia Lee, Katy K.Y. Hui, Alan H.L. Chan, Timothy, Kai-Hang Fung, Dalinda I. SANCHEZ-VIDAÑA, Benson, Wui-Man LAU*, Shirley, Pui-Ching NGAI (2017) Interaction effect of social isolation and high dose corticosteroid on neurogenesis and emotional behavior. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, Vol.11; Article 18 # Co-first authors; * Corresponding author
- Jada Chia-Di Lee, Suk-Yu Yau, Tatia Mei-Chun Lee, Benson Wui-Man Lau*, Kwok-Fai So* (2016) Voluntary wheel running reverses the decrease of subventricular zone cell proliferation caused by corticosterone. Cell Transplantation, 25:1979–1986. *Co-corresponding authors
- Tatia Mei-Chun Lee, Mark Lawrence Wong, Benson Wui-Man Lau, Jada Chia-Di Lee, Suk-Yu Yau, Kwok-Fai So (2014) Aerobic exercise interacts with neurotrophic factors to predict cognitive functioning in adolescents. Psychoneuroendocrinology 39:214-224.
- Benson Wui-Man Lau, Jada Chia-Di Lee, Kwok-Fai So (2013) Neurogenic hypothesis and psychiatric disorders. Chinese Sci Bull 58:3188-3198.
- Benson Wui-Man Lau, Jada Chia-Di Lee, Yue Li, Sophia Man-Yuk Fung, Yan-Hua Sang, Jiangana Shen, Raymond Chuen-Chung Chang, Kwok-Fai So (2012) Polysaccharides from wolfberry prevents corticosterone-induced inhibition of sexual behavior and increases neurogenesis. Plos one 7:e33374.
- Suk-Yu Yau, Benson Wui-Man Lau, En-Dong Zhang, Jada Chia-Di Lee, Ang Li, Tatia Mei-Chun Lee, Yik-Pang Ching, Ai-min Xu, Kwok-Fai So (2012) Effects of Voluntary Running on Plasma Levels of Neurotrophins, Hippocampal Cell Proliferation and Learning and Memory in Stressed Rats. Neuroscience 222:289-301.
- Suk-Yu Yau, Jada Chia-Di Lee, Benson Wui-Man Lau, Tatia Mei-Chun Lee, Yik-Pang Ching, Siu Wah Tang, Kwok-Fai So (2011) Low dose of corticosterone treatment with exercise increases hippocampal cell proliferation, and improves cognition. Neural Regeneration Research 6(34):2645-2655.