B.Sc.(Hon.), Ph.D., P.Dip.(High Educ.), C.Biol.
Telephone: 3943 9427
610R, Choh-MIng Li Basic Medical Sciences Building, CUHK
- Development of innovative pharmacology learning materials
- Strategies in pharmacology and physiology teaching
- Bladder smooth muscle pharmacology
- Liang W*. 2008. Teaching calcium-induced calcium release in cardiomyocytes using a classic paper by Fabiato. Advances in Physiology Education, 32(1):1-10.
- Liang W*. 2009. Teaching the modes of Ca2+ transport between plasma membrane and endoplasmic reticulum using a classic paper by Kwan et al. Advances in Physiology Education, 33(3):169-174.
- Santoso AGH, Sonarno IAB, Arsad NAB, Liang W*. 2010. The role of the urothelium and ATP in mediating detrusor smooth muscle contractility. Urology, 76(5):1267.e7-12.
- Liang W*, Lo WN. 2011. ß-adrenoceptor-mediated differences in transverse and longitudinal strips from the rat detrusor. International Urology and Nephrology, 43(1):99-107.
- Santoso AGH, Lo WN, Liang W*. 2011. Urothelium-dependent and urothelium-independent detrusor contractility mediated by nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase inhibition. Neurourology and Urodynamics, 30(4):619-625.
- Santoso AGH, Liang W*. 2011. Bladder contractility is mediated by different K+ channels in the urothelium and detrusor smooth muscle. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences, 115(2):127-134.
- Liang W*, Leung PC. 2012. Variations in carbachol- and ATP-induced contractions of the rat detrusor: effects of gender, mucosa and contractile direction. International Urology and Nephrology, 44(6):1641-1648.
- Lam WP, Tang HC, Zhang X, Leung PC, Yew DT, Liang W*. 2014. Low concentrations of niflumic acid enhance basal spontaneous and carbachol-induced contractions of the detrusor. International Urology and Nephrology, 46(2):349-357.
- Tang HC, Lam WP, Zhang X, Leung PC, Yew DT, Liang W*. 2014. Chronic ketamine treatment-induced changes in contractility characteristics of the mouse detrusor. International Urology and Nephrology, 46(8):2563-2571.
- Tang HC, Lam WP, Zhang X, Leung PC, Yew DT, Liang W*. 2014. Short-term flavoxate treatment alters detrusor contractility characteristics: renewed interest in clinical use? LUTS, doi:10.1111/luts.12063.