MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery), India
MD, Pharmacology (Doctor of Medicine), India
電話: 3943 7327
地址: 610H, Choh-Ming Li Basic Medical Sciences Building, CUHK
Dr. SINGH Kanchan Rao obtained her MBBS & MD (Pharmacology) from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, India. She is a versatile professional offering over 12 years of experience in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate medical students, as well as working in a multinational pharmaceutical. She is passionate about teaching with a strong desire to enhance students’ skills, impart advanced knowledge of pharmacology, drug research & its application to drug development.
She has extensive inter-disciplinary experience in teaching pharmacology to medical, dental, physiotherapy. occupational therapy, nursing, medical laboratory science & biomedical students in India and Hong Kong. In addition, she has conducted numerous lectures in research methodology and was a certified faculty by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, India. Her current interest lies in integrating the bioethical curriculum into the undergraduate medical course, and pursuing further learning in the field. She is proactive and forward thinking, demonstrating solid communication and presentation skills.
- Teaching general, systemic & experimental pharmacology by objective setting & application in clinical settings
- Teaching bioethics & integrating it into undergraduate curriculum using a variety of teaching techniques
- Curriculum development including general needs assessment, targeted needs assessment, finalisation of educational strategies, implementation and evaluation
- Singh KR*, Phatak AM, Sathe MA. Beliefs & attitudes of generic versus originator drugs among doctors in a tertiary care hospital in Western India. Nat J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol. 2016;6(4):276-281.
- Munshi RH, Singh KR*, Thakkar AD. Understanding the degree of awareness among medical professionals regarding the ethics of pharmaceutical marketing activities in context of revised medical council of India code of ethics.
Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol. 2016;5(2):263-268. http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2319-2003.ijbcp20160653
- Singh KR*, Munshi R, Arora D. Assessment of the degree of awareness among physicians and patients about drug package inserts. Int J Pharm Sci Res. 2016;7(3):1258-1262. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232
- Singh KR*, Singh MS. Current Perspectives in the Pharmacotherapy of Vertigo. Otorhinolaryngol Clin Int J. 2012;4(2):81-85. DOI:10.5005/jp-journals-10003-1091.
- Patil PA, Swami T, Singh KR*. Effect of Atorvastatin & Simvastatin on Wound Healing in Albino Rats. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;2:963-974.
- Patil PA, Agnihotri RL, Singh KR*. Influence of Calcium Channel Blockers on Wound Healing – An Experimental Study. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;2:1125-1135.
- Mathew T, Patil PA, Singh KR*. Influence of Calcitriol & Calcium Gluconate on Wound Healing – An Experimental Study. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;2:1301-1315.
- Padgilwar S, Patil PA, Singh KR*. Anti-Inflammatory Influence of Adrenergic Agonists & Antagonists & their Interaction with Aspirin in Wistar Rats. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;2:1330-1343.
- Rao KS*, Patil PA, Malur PR. Promotion of cutaneous wound healing by famotidine in Wistar rats. Indian J Med Res. 2007;125(2):149-154.
- Singh KR, Surve S.*. Assessment of commercial influence & bias on participants perception at company sponsored continuing medical education (CMEs) at a tertiary care hospital. Paper presented at: ClinicoPharmacon; 2018 Sep 5-6; Chennai, India.
- Mehta M*, Singh KR, . Are we missing an important link between funding source, competing interests & trial outcomes in randomized control trials in India – A cross sectional study. Paper presented at: 2nd Indian Medical Affairs Summit (INMAS); 2018 Mar 10; Mumbai, India.
- Arora D*,Rao K, Munshi R. Assessment of the degree of awareness among physicians & patients regarding drug package inserts. Paper presented at: 47th Annual Meeting of the Drug Information Association; 2011 Jun 19-23; Chicago, USA.
- Singh KR*, Patil PA, Malur PR. Effect of some anti gastric ulcer healing agents in cutaneous wound healing in Wistar rats: An experimental study. Paper presented at: 38th Annual Conference of the Indian Pharmacological Society; 2005 Dec 28-30; Chennai, India.
- Singh KR*, Patil PA, . Effect of Casai auriculata seed effects on blood sugar & lipids in albino rats: An experimental study. Paper presented at: Southern Regional Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society; 2004 Oct 5-6; Kochi, India.
- Indian Council for Medical Research – Short Term Studentship Grant (ICMR – STS) for 2010-11:“Assessment of the degree of awareness among physicians and patients about drug package inserts” (INR$10000)
- Award for Highest Marks in MD Pharmacology Examination: The Organising Committee of Southern Regional Conference of Pharmacology (India), October 2006
- Award for Highest Marks in Pharmacology MBBS Examination: Dr. S.R. Patil of Kolhapur Cash Prize – MBBS Phase II Exam, April 2000
- Award for Highest Marks in Pharmacology MBBS Examination: Annual Conference of Association of Physicians of India (APICON) instituted from the year 1995, April 2000
- Certificate of Merit-I Class in MBBS Phase I, II &III: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Dec 1998, April 2000, April 2002, Jul 2003