電話: 3943 3032
Room 423A, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sci. Bldg, Area 39, CUHK
Prof. CHAN Hon Fai (陳漢輝) is an Assistant Professor at the Institute for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine and the School of Biomedical Sciences at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). He received his Bachelor degree from the University of Hong Kong (2010), before pursuing his Ph.D. degree at Duke University with the support of the Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowships for Overseas Studies. During 2015-2017, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Columbia University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology before joining CUHK in 2018. Prof. Chan’s research mainly focuses on advancing biofabrication approach and biomaterial design for stem cell tissue engineering and regenerative medicine, as well as understanding how microenvironmental cues influence stem cell proliferation and differentiation.
- Biofabrication technologies (e.g. microfluidics, 3D bioprinting) for stem cell tissue engineering.
- Biomaterial for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
- Deng, S., Zhu, Y., Zhao, X., Chen, J., Tuan, R.S., Chan, H.F.# (2021) Efficient fabrication of monodisperse hepatocyte spheroids and encapsulation in hybrid hydrogel with controllable extracellular matrix effect. Biofabrication, 14 (1), 015002.
- Zhang, J., Chan, H.F., Wang, H., Shao, D., Tao, Y., Li, M.# (2021) Stem cell therapy and tissue engineering strategies using cell aggregates and decellularized scaffolds for the rescue of liver failure. Journal of Tissue Engineering, 12, 2041731420986711.
- Zhu, Y., Ma, Z., Kong, L., He, Y., Chan, H.F.#, & Li, H.# (2020). Modulation of Macrophages by Bioactive Glass/Sodium Alginate Hydrogel is Crucial in Skin Regeneration Enhancement. Biomaterials, 256.
- Zhao, X., Zhu, Y., Laslett, A., Chan, H.F.# (2020). Hepatic differentiation of stem cells in 2D and 3D biomaterial systems. Bioengineering, 7 (2), 47.
- Liu, X., Steiger, C., Lin, S., Parada, G.A., Liu, J., Chan, H.F., Yuk, H., Phan, N.V., Collins, J., Tamang, S., Traverso, G., & Zhao, X.# (2019). Ingestible hydrogel device. Nature Communications, 10(1), 493.
- Chan, H.F., Zhao, R., Parada, G. A., Meng, H., Leong, K. W., Griffith, L. G., & Zhao, X.# (2018). Folding Artificial Mucosa with Cell-Laden Hydrogels Guided by Mechanics Models. Proceedings Of The National Academy Of Sciences , 115 (29), 7503-7508.
- Chan, H.F., Ma, S., Tian, J., & Leong, K.W.# (2017). High-throughput screening of microchip-synthesized genes in programmable double-emulsion droplets. Nanoscale, 9(10), 3485-3495.
- Chan, H.F., Zhang, Y., & Leong, K.W. (2016). Efficient One-Step Production of Microencapsulated Hepatocyte Spheroids with Enhanced Functions. Small, 12(20), 2720-30.
- Hong, S., Sycks, D., Chan, H.F., Lin, S., Lopez, G.P., Guilak, F., Leong, K.W., & Zhao, X.# (2015). 3D Printing of Highly Stretchable and Tough Hydrogels into Complex, Cellularized Structures. Advanced Materials, 27(27), 4035-40.
- Chan, H.F., Zhang, Y., Chiu, Y. L., Ho, Y. P., Jung, Y., & Leong, K.W.# (2013). Rapid Formation of Multicellular Spheroids in Double-Emulsion Droplets with Controllable Microenvironment. Scientific Reports , 3: 3462 .
# Co-first author
- Guangdong-Hong Kong Technology Cooperation Funding Scheme (TCFS) [PI; 30-Jun-22 to 29-Jun-24]: “Clinical application of retinal organoid-on-a-chip for investigating the disease mechanism of and treatment for retinal degenerative diseases” (HK$667,450).
- Health and Medical Research Fund (HMRF) [PI; 01-Feb-22 to 31-Jan-25]: “Dual release of desferrioxamine and bioglass via an injectable hydrogel for treatment of pressure ulcer in diabetes mellitus” (HK$1,213,780).
- National Natural Science Foundation of China/RGC Joint Research Scheme (NSFC/RGC) [PI; 01-Jan-21 to 31-Dec-24]: “Biomimetic Platform of Perfusable Organoid-chip for Studying the Molecular Pathogenesis of Retinitis Pigmentosa” (HK$1,156,567).
- National Key Research and Development Program of China 2019 [Co-PI; 01-Dec-19 to 30-Nov-23]: "Smart biomaterials for directing stem cell differentiation in 3D for constructing bioartificial liver" (RMB$5,000,000).
- National Key Research and Development Program of China 2018 [Co-PI; 01-Jul-19 to 30-Jun-24]: "Engineering microbial chassis for synthetic biology applications" (RMB$4,890,000).
- RGC Early Career Scheme [PI; 01-Jan-20 to 31-Dec-23]: "Development of a microfluidic platform for biofabricating 3D spheroid entrapped in combinatorial microenvironment for optimized hepatocyte culture" (HK$343,034).
- Shun Hing Institute of Advanced Engineering Project Fund [PI; 01-Jul-19 to 30-Jun-21]: "Development of a bilayer folded scaffold for intestinal tissue engineering" (HK$800,000).