電話: 3943 1383
Room 123A, 1/F., Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sci. Bldg, Area 39, CUHK
Chan Wai-yee (陳偉儀) obtained his B.Sc. (Hon. 1st Class) in Chemistry from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1974 and Ph.D. in Biochemistry from the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA in 1977. He served as tenured Assistant to Associate Professor at the Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Oklahoma City, USA from 1979-1989, and tenured Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Department of Biochemistry, Cell & Molecular Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA from 1989 to 2009. He was jointly appointed at the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), National Institutes of Health (NIH), USA in 2001 and was later appointed as Head and Principal Investigator of the Section on Developmental Genomics, NICHD. In June 2009 he became Director of the School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He was appointed Master of CW Chu College in January, 2017, and as Pro Vice-Chancellor/Vice President in August, 2018. He serves as editor/associate editor and as member of the editorial board of a number of international scientific journals. He also serves in the grant review panel of RGC and FHB. Currently he is the Executive Director of the Association of Chinese Geneticists in America, USA, a member of the Board of Directors of Joshua Hellmann Foundation for Orphan Diseases, Hong Kong, SAR, and a member of the Council of the Shaw Prize Foundation. He received a number of awards including the Merrick Award for Outstanding Biomedical Research and the Presidential Award from the Association of Chinese Geneticists in America, USA.
- Functional genomics and epigenetic regulation of germ cell development in health and diseases.
- Functional genomics of developing male gonad.
- Molecular genetics of human endocrine disorders.
- Non-coding RNA, antisense transcript, and microRNA in normal and abnormal development.
- Genetics and genomics of fetal development.
- Tu, J.J., Cheung, H.H., Lu, G., Chan, C.L.K., Chen, Z.J., & Chan, W.Y. (2019). microRNA-126 is a tumor suppressor of granulosa cell tumor mediated by EGFL7. Frontiers in Oncology, 9, 486. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2019.00486.
- Cao, D., Cheung, H.H., & Chan, W.Y. (2019). Doxycycline masks the genuine effect of the doxycycline-inducible transgene by promoting dopaminergic neuron differentiation from human pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cell and Development, 28(13), 833-845. doi: 10.1089/scd.2018.0209.
- Tu, J.J., Cheung, A.H.H., Chan, C.L.K., & Chan, W.Y. (2019). The Role of microRNAs in ovarian granulosa cells in health and diseases. Frontier of Endocrinology (Lausanne), 10, 174.
- Tu, J., Cheung, H.H., Lu, G., Chen, Z.J., & Chan, W.Y. (2018). MicroRNA-10a promotes granulosa cells tumor development via PTEN-AKT/Wnt regulatory axis. Cell Death Disease, 9(11), 1076.
- Ying, Z., Xiang, G., Zheng, L., Tang, H., Duan, L., Lin, X., Zhao, Q., Chen, K., Wu, Y., Xing, G., Lv, Y., Li, L., Yang, L., Bao, F., Long, Q., Zhou, Y., He, X., Wang, Y., Gao, M., Pei, D., Chan, W.Y., & Liu, X. (2018). Short-term mitochondrial permeability transition pore opening modulates histone lysine methylation at the early phase of somatic cell reprogramming. Cell Metabolism, 28(6), 935-945.
- Li, L., Miu, K.K., Gu, S., Cheung, H.H., & Chan, W Y. (2018). Comparison of multi-lineage differentiation of hiPSCs reveals novel miRNAs that regulate lineage specification. Scientific Reports, 8, 9630.
- Tu, J.J., Cao, D.D., Li, L., Cheung, H.H., & Chan, W.Y. (2018). MicroRNA profiling during directed differentiation of cortical interneurons from human induced pluripotent stem cells. FEBS Open Bio, 8(4), 502-512. (Cover Paper)
- Tu, J., Yang, Y., Cheung, H.H., Chen, Z.J., & Chan, W.Y. (2017). Conserved miR-10 family represses proliferation and induces apoptosis in ovarian granulosa cells. Scientific Reports, 7, 41304. Published online 2017 Jan 23.
- Cheung, H.H., Yang, Y., Lee, T.L., Rennert O., & Chan, W.Y. (2016). Hypmethylation of genes in testicular embryonal carcinomas. British Journal of Cancer, 114(2), 230-236.
- Culty, M., Liu, Y., Manku, G., Chan, W.Y., & Papadopoulos, V. (2015). Expression of steroidogenesis-related genes in murine male germ cells. Steroids, 103, 105-114.
- Tu, J., Ng, S.H., Luk, A.C.S., Liao, J.Y., Jiang, X.H., Feng, B., Mak, K.K.L., Rennert, O.M., Chan, W.Y., & Lee, T.L. (2015). MicroRNA-29b/Tet1 regulatory axis epigenetically modulates mesendoderm differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cells. Nucleic Acids Research, 43(16), 7805-7822.
- Chen, X., Gu, S., Chen, B.F., Shen, W.L., Yin, Z., Xu, G. W., Hu, J.J., Zhu, T., Li, G., Wan, C., Ouyang, H.W., Lee, T.L., & Chan, W.Y. (2015). Nanoparticle delivery of stable miR-199a-5p agomir improves the osteogenesis of human mesenchymal stem cells via the HIF1a pathway. Biomaterials, 53, 239-250.
- Chen, B.F., Suen, Y.K., Gu, S., Li, L., & Chan, W.Y. (2014). A miR-199a/miR-214 self-regulatory network via PSMD10, TP53 and DNMT1 in testicular germ cell tumor. Scientific Reports, 4, 6413.
- Chen, B.F., Gu, S., Suen, Y.K., Li, L., & Chan, W.Y. (2014). MicroRNA-199a-3p, DNMT3A and aberrant DNA methylation in testicular cancer. Epigenetics, 9(1), 119-128.
- Gu, S., Cheung, H.H., Lee, T. L., Lu, G., Poon, W.S., & Chan, W.Y. (2013). Molecular mechanisms of regulation and action of microRNA-199a in testicular germ cell tumor and glioblastomas. PLoS One, 8(12), e83980.
- Lee, T.L., Raitano, J.M., Rennert, O.M., Chan, S.W., & Chan, W.Y. (2012). Accessing the genomic effects of naked nanoceria in murine neuronal cells. Nanomedicine, 8(5), 599-608.
- Cheung, H.H., Davis, A.J., Lee T.L., Pang, A.L., Nagrani, S., Rennert, O.M., & Chan, W.Y. (2011). Methylation of an intronic region regulates miR-199a in testicular tumor malignancy. Oncogene, 30(31), 3405-3415.
- Cheung, H.H., Lee, T.L., Davis, A.J., Taft, D.H., Rennert, O.M., & Chan, W.Y. (2010). Genome-wide DNA methylation profiling reveals novel epigenetically regulated genes and non-coding RNAs in human testicular cancer. British Journal of Cancer, 102(2), 419-427.
- Li Ka Shing (Canada) Foundation [PI; 22-Jul-19]: "Acquisition of the MARS Preclinical Spectral CT System that will facilitate the research projects in iTERM" (HK$3,699,300).
- Health and Medical Research Fund [PI; 24-May-19]: "A Star Strand miRNA as a Versatile Biomarker and Therapeutic for Diabetic Liver Steatosis" (HK$1,220,800).
- RGC - General Research Fund [PI; 01-Jan-19]: "Elucidating the indispensable role of miR-10 family in ovarian follicular development" (HK$798,968).
- Shandong University [PI; 01-Sep-18 to 31-Aug-21]: "SDU-CUHK Seed Fund for International Research Collaboration" (RMB1,800,000).
- Guangdong Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine (GD-TCM) Joint Lab [PI; 01-Mar-18]: "Collaboration between CUHK and the Guangdong Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to establish the “Translational Collaborative Innovation Programme”" (HK$10,000,000).
- CUHK - Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) Joint Research Collaboration Fund [PI; Jan-01-18 to Dec-31-19]: “Ovarian failure model and gut microbiota” (HK$200,000).
- CAS-Croucher Funding Scheme for Joint Laboratories [PI; 01-Mar-17 to 28-Feb-19]: "Development of Human ESC/iPSC Models for Inducible Gene Editing Using the Latest CRISPR/Cas9 Technology" (HK$1,260,606).
- NSFC/RGC Joint Research Scheme [PI; 01-Jan-17 to 31-Dec-20]: "Epigenetic Mechanism of Mitoflashes Facilitating Early Phase of Reprogramming" (HK$1,230,800).
- TGD Life Company Limited [PI; 13-Sep-16 to 12-Sep-18]: "Biomedical Research of Prof. Chan Wai yee" (HK$100,000).
- The Ministry of Science and Technology of China 973 [PI; 01-Sep-14 to 31-Aug-17]: "Stem cell therapy of liver diseases: An investigation (Project Awarded: RMB1,182,000, no funding transferred to CUHK) [NON_CU-PROJECT]" (RMB5,000,000).
- Hong Kong Office of Hospital for Reproductive Medicine of Shandong University [PI; 05-Jan-14 to 04-Jan-18]: "General Education and Training in Reproductive Medicine" (HK$2,500,000).