電話: 3943 5153
Room 421A, 4/F, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sci. Bldg, Area 39, CUHK
Prof. JIANG Yangzi (姜洋子) received Bachelor (2007, Biology) and PhD (2012, Sports Medicine) in Zhejiang University (ZJU), China, and was a postdoctoral associate (2012-2018) at University of Pittsburgh, USA. Prof. Jiang joined CUHK in 2018 and she is now an Assistant Professor of School of Biomedical Sciences (SBS), institute for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (iTERM), and Assistant Professor (by courtesy) at Department of Orthopaedics & Traumatology (ORT).
Prof. Jiang has extensive multi-discipline expertise in basic scientific research, medical translational research and education in stem cells and regenerative medicine. Prof. Jiang’s research focused on creating tissue regeneration strategies of musculoskeletal system, and her publications cover the topics of stem cells, tissue engineering, cell transplantation, biomaterials, pathology of osteoarthritis, and translational medicine. Prof. Jiang has over 60 research outputs (H index 22, citation >2,300), serve as reviewer for more than 20 international journals and 3 international funding agencies. She has contributed to both textbooks and industrial guidelines to the field of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, and her mentored students, doctors and scientists had been awarded with scholarships, research grants and honors from different universities, states, and countries (China, Australia, and United States).
- Tissue engineering and regenerative medicine.
- Cartilage and bone repair and regeneration.
- Adult tissue specific stem/progenitor cells.
- Regulating stem cells for cell-based therapy.
- Regulators of stem cell aging.
- Mechanism of osteoarthritis and other degenerative and inflammatory diseases.
- Bioproducts for cell-based therapy.
- From bench to bedside and to the bench – the pathway of translational medicine.
- Jiang, Y.*, &Tuan, R.*. Bioactivity of Human Adult Stem Cells and Functional Relevance of Stem Cell-derived Extracellular Matrix in Chondrogenesis. Stem Cell Research & Therapy (Accepted).
- Sun, J., Chan, Y.T., Ho, K.K.W., Zhang, L., Bian, L., Tuan, R.*, Jiang, Y.*. (2023). “Slow Walk" Mimetic Tensile Loading Maintains Human Meniscus Tissue Resident Progenitor Cells Homeostasis in Photocrosslinked Gelatin Hydrogel. Bioactive Materials, 25:256-272, doi: 10.1016/j.bioactmat.2023.01.025, IF:16.44.
- Cao, M., Yao, S., Zhu, X., Ong, M. T.Y., Yung, S.H.P.*, Jiang, Y.*. (2023). Doxycycline Promotes Graft Healing and Attenuates Post-traumatic Osteoarthritis After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in a Rat Model. The American Journal of Sports Medicine, 51:2, doi: 10.1177/03635465221145015.
- Li, K., Fan, L, Lin, J., Heng, B.C., Deng, Z., Zheng, Q., Zhang, J., Jiang, Y.*, Ge, Z.*. (2022). Nanosecond pulsed electric fields prime mesenchymal stem cells to peptide ghrelin and enhance chondrogenesis and osteochondral defect repair in vivo. Sci China Life Sci, 65(5):927-939, doi: 10.1007/s11427-021-1983-y, IF:10.372.
- Cao, M., Ong, M.T.Y., Yung, P.S.H., Tuan, R.S., Jiang, Y.* (2022). Role of synovial lymphatic function in osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage, S1063-4584(22)00719-1, doi: 10.1016/j.joca.2022.04.003.
- Jiang, Y.*. (2022). Osteoarthritis year in review 2021: biology. Osteoarthritis Cartilage, 30(2):207-215, doi: 10.1016/j.joca.2021.11.009.
- Zhu, X., Chan, Y.T., Yung, S.H., Tuan, R.S.*, & Jiang, Y. *. (2020). Subchondral Bone Remodeling in Osteoarthritis. Frontiers in Cell & Developmental Biology , doi: 10.3389/fcell.2020.607764.
- Jiang, Y.*, & Tuan, R.S.* (2019). Role of NGF/TrkA Signaling in Calcification of Articular Chondrocytes. The FASEB Journal, 33(9), 10231-10239, doi: 10.1096/fj.201900970.
- Jiang, Y., Cai, Y., Zhang, W., Hu, C., Tong, T., Lu, P., Zhang, S., Neculai, D., Tuan, R., & Ouyang, H.W. (2016). Human Cartilage Derived Progenitor Cells From Committed Chondrocytes for Efficient Cartilage Repair and Regeneration. Stem Cells Translational Medicine, 5, 1-12, doi: 10.5966/sctm.2015-0192. [#Remark: This work reported the cell biology and results of human clinical study, and was specially reviewed and commented here]
- Jiang, Y., Hu, C., Yu, S., Yan, J., Peng, H., Ouyang, H.W., & Tuan, R.S. (2015). Cartilage Stem/Progenitor Cells are Activated in Osteoarthritis via Interleukin-1β/Nerve Growth Factor Signaling. Arthritis Research and Therapy, 17, 327, doi: 10.1186/s13075-015-0840-x.
- Jiang, Y., & Tuan, R.S. (2015). Origin and Function of Cartilage Stem/Progenitor Cells in Osteoarthritis. Nature Reviews Rheumatology, 11(4), 206-12, doi:10.1038/nrrheum.2014.200, IF:32.283.
- Zhang, W., Heng, B.C., Jiang, Y.*, & Ouyang, H.W.* (2014). Clinical Translation of Autologous Cell-based Tissue Engineering Techniques as Class III Therapeutics in China: Taking Cartilage Tissue Engineering as An Example. Journal of Orthopaedic Translation, 2(2), 56-65, doi: 10.1016/j.jot.2014.02.002.
* Corresponding / Co-corresponding author
# Co-first author
Google Scholar for Full Publication:
- NSFC/RGC Joint Research Scheme [PI: 2023 to 2027]: “NSFC/RGC: N_CUHK483/22” (HK$ 1,244,750).
- RGC – General Research Fund [PI: 2023 to 2026]: “GRF14104022” (HK$ 1,180,218).
- ITC - Health@InnoHK - The Center for Neuromusculoskeletal Restorative Medicine (CNRM)[Co-PI: 2022 to 2027].
- Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of China, National Key R&D Program, Young Scientist Scheme (國家重點研發計劃“幹細胞與轉化醫學”重點專項,青年科學家項目)[PI; 2019 to 2023]: "Stem Cells and Translational Medicine" 2019YFA0111900 (RMB$5,450,000).
- National Key Research and Development (R&D) Program, Young Scientist Scheme, awarded by Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of China, China (2019-11) 國家重點研發計劃 “幹細胞與轉化醫學”重點專項，首席青年科學家 [1/1] .
- 2nd Prize, COA Orthopaedics Youth Research Award (2018), Chinese Medical Association, Chinese Orthopaedic Association, The 13th Annual Congress of Chinese Orthopaedic Association, China 11/2018 中華醫學會骨科學分會 骨科基礎青年研究獎 [1/1].
- 1st Prize, 10th “Chunhui Cup” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (2015) for Oversea Chinese Scholars, North America Division (New York Consular District), Ministry of Education & Ministry of Science and Technology of China, 11/2015 [2/6].
- 4th Award Winner, RFBI Competition (2015), innovation Institute, University of Pittsburgh, PA, United States, 06/2015 [4/4] .
- 1st Prize, Science and Technology Progress Award, Ministry of Education, China, 01/2013 [3/9] 中華人民共和國教育部 科技進步一等獎 (第3完成人，證書編號：2012-173).
- Endeavour Research Fellowship, the Merit-based Endeavour Award, Ministry of Education, Australia 01/2012 [1/1] .
- Outstanding Ph.D. graduate of Zhejiang Province, Zhejiang, China, 06/2012 [1/1] .
- Qiu-Shi Academic Star (求是學術之星), Zhejiang University, China, 06/2011 [1/1, top 0.05%] .