電話: 3943 5204
Room 420A, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sci. Bldg, Area 39, CUHK
Dr. Tuan directs a multidisciplinary research program that focuses on orthopaedic research as a study of the biological activities underlying the development, growth, function, and health of skeletal tissues, and the utilization of this knowledge to develop cell-based technologies that will regenerate and/or restore function to diseased and damaged skeletal tissues. Ongoing research projects are directed towards skeletal development, stem cells, growth factor signaling, bone-biomaterial interaction, extracellular matrix and cell-matrix interaction, nanotechnology, mechanobiology, regenerative medicine, and tissue engineering, utilizing integrated contemporary technologies of biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, embryology and development, cellular imaging, and engineering.
- Rothrauff, B.B., Shimomura, K., Gottardi, R., Alexander, P.G. & Tuan, R.S. (2017). Anatomical region-dependent enhancement of 3-dimensional chondrogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells by soluble meniscus extracellular matrix. Acta Biomater. 49:140-151.
- Yang, G., Rothrauff, B.B., Lin, H., Yu, S. & Tuan, R.S. (2017). Tendon-derived extracellular matrix enhances transforming growth factor-β3-induced tenogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells. Tissue Eng Part A. 23(3-4):166-176
- Rothrauff, B.B., Yang, G. & Tuan, R.S. (2017). Tissue-specific bioactivity of soluble tendon- and cartilage-derived extracellular matrices. Stem Cell Res Ther. 5;8(1):133.
- Sun, A.X., Lin, H., Fritch, M.R., Shen, H., Alexander, P.G., DeHart, M. & Tuan, R.S. (2017). Chondrogenesis of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in 3-dimensional, photocrosslinked hydrogel constructs: Effect of cell seeding density and material stiffness. Acta Biomater. 58:302-311.
- Rothrauff, B.B., Lauro, B.B., Yang, G., Debski, R.E., Musahl, V. & Tuan, R.S. (2017). Braided and stacked electrospun nanofibrous scaffolds for tendon and ligament tissue engineering. Tissue Engin Part A. 23(9-10):378-389.
- Lin, H., Tang, Y., Lozito, T.P., Oyster, N., Kang, R.B., Fritch, M.R., Wang, B. & Tuan R.S. (2017). Projection stereolithographic fabrication of BMP-2 gene-activated matrix for bone tissue engineering. Scient Rep. 7:11327.
- Brick, R.M., Sun, A.X. & Tuan, R.S. (2018). Neurotrophically induced mesenchymal progenitor cells derived from induced pluripotent stem cells enhance neuritogenesis via neurotrophin and cytokine production. Stem Cell Transl Med. 7(1):45-58.
- Shen, H., Lin, H., Sun, A.X., Song, S., Zhang, S., Dai, J. & Tuan, R.S. (2018). Chondroinductive factor-free chondrogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells in graphene oxide-incorporated hydrogels. J Mater Chem B. 6: 908-917
- Yang, Y., Lin, H., Shen, H., Wang, B., Lei, G. & Tuan, R.S. (2018). Mesenchymal stem cell-derived extracellular matrix enhances chondrogenic phenotype of and cartilage formation by encapsulated chondrocytes in vitro and in vivo. Acta Biomat. 15;69:71-82.
- Deng, Y., Sun, A.X,, Overholt, K.J., Yu, G.Z., Fritch, M.R., Alexander, P.G., Shen, H., Tuan, R.S. & Lin, H. (2019). Enhancing chondrogenesis and mechanical strength retention in physiologically relevant hydrogels with incorporation of hyaluronic acid and direct loading of TGF-β. Acta Biomater. 1;83:167-176.
- Lin, H., Sohn, J., Shen, H., Langhans, M.T. & Tuan R.S. (2019). Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells: Aging and tissue engineering applications to enhance bone healing. Biomaterials. 203:96-110.
- Sun, A.X., Prest, T.A., Fowler, J.R., Brick, R.M., Gloss, K.M., Li, X., DeHart, M., Shen, H., Yang, G., Brown, B.N., Alexander, P.G. & Tuan, R.S. (2019). Conduits harnessing spatially controlled cell-secreted neurotrophic factors improve peripheral nerve regeneration. Biomaterials. 203:86-95.
- Jiang, Y. & Tuan, R.S. (2019). Role of NGF-TrkA signaling in calcification of articular chondrocytes. FASEB J. 33(9):10231-10239.
- Lin, H., Tang, Y., Lozito, T.P., Oyster, N., Wang, B. & Tuan, R.S. (2019). Efficient in vivo bone formation by BMP2 engineered human mesenchymal stem cells encapsulated in a projection stereolithographically fabricated hydrogel scaffold. Stem Cell Res Ther. 10 (1):1-13.
- Lin, Z., Li, Z., Li, E., LI, X., Duke, C., Shen, H., Hao, T., Lei, G., Bunnell, B.A., Goodman, S.B., Alexander, P.G., Tuan, R.S. & Lin, H. (2019). Osteochondral tissue chip derived from iPSCs: Modeling osteoarthritic pathologies and testing drugs. Front Bioeng Biotechnol. 7:411. doi: 10.3389/fbioe.2019.00411. eCollection 2019.
- Lin, H., Sohn, J., Shen, H., Langhans, M.T. & Tuan, R.S. (2019). Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells: Aging and tissue engineering applications to enhance bone healing. Biomaterials. 203:96-110.
- Rothrauff, B.B., Pirosa, A., Lin, H., Sohn, J., Langhans, M.T. & Tuan, R.S. (2019). Stem cell therapy for musculoskeletal diseases. In: Atala A, Lanza R, Mikos AG, Nerem R, eds. Principles of Regenerative Medicine, Chapter 54. pp. 953-970.
- Shen, H., Lin, H., Sun, A.X., Song, S., Wong, B., Yang, Y., Dai, J. & Tuan, R.S. (In press). Acceleration of chondrogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells by sustained growth factor release in 3D graphene oxide incorporated hydrogels. Acta Biomateralia.