電話: 3943 6790
226A, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building, Area 39, CUHK
Prof. LAM Francis Fu Yuen (林富源) completed his PhD studies in Physiology and Pharmacology under the joint-supervision of Dr. Ian Rodger and Prof. William Bowman at the University of Strathclyde, Scotland. In his postdoctoral training, he worked as a Research Assistant and then as a Research Fellow under the leadership of Prof. William Ferrell at the University of Glasgow, Scotland. At that time, his research interest focused on the role of neurogenic inflammation in the development of arthritis. Prof. Lam joined The Chinese University of Hong Kong initially as a lecturer in the Department of Pharmacology, and then he became an Associate Professor in the School of Biomedical Sciences. Since joining The Chinese University of Hong Kong, his research field has expanded into vascular pharmacology and the study of traditional Chinese medicines in inflammatory and vascular diseases. Recently, he also conducted studies on skin allergies and stroke. Prof. Lam has published a few book chapters and 75 peer-reviewed articles in international journals. Prof. Lam was a Visiting Research Staff of the Neurovascular Research Group of Glasgow and Paisley Universities, Scotland. He also served as a member of the Advisory Board of Journal of Geriatric Cardiology, a reviewer for international journals and grant awarding bodies, an Executive Committee Member of the Hong Kong Pharmacology Society, and a Council Member of the Board of Specialty Committee of Immunology of Traditional Chinese Medicine of World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies.
- Cerebrovascular and inflammatory joint diseases.
- Vascular pharmacology.
- Koon, C.M., Cheung, D.W.S., Wong, P.H., Wat, E., Ng, S.K., Cheung, W.H., Lam, F.F.Y., Chook, P., Fung, K.P., Leung, P.C., Yan, B.P. (2020). Salviae miltiorrhizae radix and puerariae lobatae radix herbal formula improves circulation, vascularization and gait function in a peripheral arterial disease rat model. J. Ethnopharmacol., 264, 113235. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2020.113235
- Tu, L., Lu, Z., Ngan, M.P., Lam, F.F.Y., Giuliano, C., Lovati, E., Pietra., C., Rudd, J.A. (2020). The brain-penetrating, orally bioavailable, ghrelin receptor agonist HM01 ameliorates motion-induced emesis in Suncus murinus (house musk shrew). Br. J. Pharmacol.,177, 1635-1650
- Deng, Y, Lam, F.F.Y., Ng, E.S.K., Lau, C.B.S., Koon, J.C.M., Leung, P.C., & Fung, K.P. (2018). A herbal formulation of Danshen and Gegen protects rat brains from injuries induced by focal and global ischaemia. J Adv Plant Sci, 1, 104.
- Zhen, X., Ng, E.S.K., & Lam, F.F.Y. (2017). Protease activated receptor-3 on in vivo and in vitro rat models of ischemic stroke. Central South Pharmacy, 15(6), 780-785.
- Zhen, X., Ng, E.S.K., & Lam, F.F.Y. (2017). Role of protease activated receptor-2 in in vivo and in vitro rat models of ischemic stroke. Central South Pharmacy, 15(5), 595-600.
- Yui, C.O.L., Leung, K.S., Fung, K.P., Lam, F.F.Y., Ng, E.S.K., Lau,K.M., Chow, S.K.H., & Cheung, W.H. (2017). The characterization of a full-thickness excision open foot wound model in n5-streptozotocin (STZ)-induced type 2 diabetic rats that mimics diabetic foot ulcer in terms of reduced blood circulation, higher C-reactive protein, elevated inflammation, and reduced cell proliferation. Exp Anim, 66, 259-269.
- Zhen, X., Ng, E.S.K., & Lam, F.F.Y. (2016). Suppression of ischaemia-induced injuries in rat brain by protease-activated receptor-1 (PAR-1) activating peptide. Eur J Pharmacol, 786, 36-46.
- Deng, Y., Ng, E.S.K., Kwan, Y.W., Lau, C.B.S., Cheung, D.W.S., Koon, J.C.M., Zhang, Z., Zuo, Z., Leung, P.C., Fung, K.P., & Lam, F.F.Y. (2014). Cerebral vasodilator properties of Danshen and Gegen: A study of their combined efficacy and mechanisms of actions. Phytomedicine, 21, 391-399.
- Ma, X., Du, J., Zhang, P., Deng, J., Liu J, Lam, F.F.Y., Li, R.A., Huang, Y., Jin, J., & YAO, X. (2013). Functional role of TRPV4-KCa2.3 signaling in vascular endothelial cells in normal and streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Hypertension, 62(1), 134-139.
- Li, M., He, J., Jiang, L.L., Ng, E.S.K., Wang, H., Lam, F.F.Y., Zhang, Y.M., Tan, N.H., & Shaw, P.C. (2013). The anti-arthritic effects of Aconitum vilmorinianum, a folk herbal medicine in Southwestern China. J Ethnopharmacol, 147, 122-127.
- Zhou, X.L., Chan, S.W., Tseng, H.L., Deng, Y., Hoi, P.M., Choi, P.S., Or, P.M.Y., Yang, J.M., Lam, F.F.Y., Lee, S.M.Y., Leung, G.P.H., Kong, S.K., Ho, H.P., Kwan, Y.W., & Yeung, J.H.K., (2012). Danshensu is the major marker for the antioxidant and vasorelaxant effects of Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) water-extracts produced by different heat water-extractions. Phytomedicine, 19, 1263-1269.
- Ho, J.C.Y., Lai, W.H., Li, M.F., Au K.W., Yip, M.C., Wong, N.L.Y., Ng, E.S.K., Lam, F.F.Y., Siu, C.W., & Tse, H.F. (2012). Reversal of endothelial progenitor cell dysfunction in patients with type 2 diabetes using a conditioned medium of human embryonic stem cell-derived endothelial cells. Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews, 28, 462-473.
- Or, P.M.Y., Lam, F.F.Y., Kwan, Y.W., Cho, C.H., Lau, C.B.S., Fung, K.P., Leung, P.C., & Yeung, J.H.K. (2012). Effects of Radix Astragali and Radix Rehmanniae, the components of an anti-diabetic foot ulcer herbal formula, on metabolism of model CYP1A2, CYP2C9, CYP2D6, CYP2E1 and CYP3A4 probe substrates in pooled human liver microsomes and specific CYP isoforms. Phytomedicine, 19, 535-544.
- Deng Y., Ng, E.S.K., Yeung, J.H.K., Kwan, Y.W., Lau, C.B.S., Koon, J.C.M., Zhou, L., Zuo, Z., Leung, P.C., Fung, K.P., & Lam, F.F.Y. (2012). Mechanisms of the cerebral vasodilator actions of isoflavonoids of Gegen on rat isolated cerebral basilar artery. J Ethnopharmacol, 139, 294-304.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Deng S.Y., Ng, E.S.K., Yeung, J.H.K., Kwan, Y.W., Lau, C.B.S., Koon, J.C.M., Zhou, L., Zuo, Z., Leung, P.C., & Fung, K.P. (2010). Mechanisms of the relaxant effect of a Danshen and Gegen formulation on rat isolated cerebral basilar artery. J Ethnopharmacol, 132, 186-192.
- Lian, Q.Z, Zhang, Y.L., Zhang, J.Q., Zhang H.K., Wu, X.G., Zhang, Y., Lam, F.F.Y., Kang, S., Xia, J.C., Lai, W.H., Au, K.W., Siu, C.W., Lee, C.N., & Tse, H.F. (2010). Functional mesenchymal stem cells derived from human induced pluripotent stem cells attenuate limb ischemia in mice. Circulation, 121, 1113-1123.
- Lam, F.F.Y., & NG, E.S.K. (2010). Substance P and glutamate receptor antagonists improve anti-arthritis actions of dexamethasone in rats. Br J Pharmacol, 159, 958-969.
- Lau, T.W.D., Lam, F.F.Y., Lau, K.M., Chan, Y.W., Lee, K.M., Sahota, D.S., Ho, Y.Y., Fung, K.P., Leung, P.C., & Lau, C.B.S. (2009). Pharmacological investigation on the wound healing effects of Radix Rehmanniae in an animal model of diabetic foot ulcer. J Ethnopharmacol, 123, 155-162.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Ko, I.W.M., Ng, E.S.K., Tam, L.S., Leung, P.C., & Li, E.K.M. (2008). Analgesic and anti-arthritic effects of Lingzhi and San Miao San supplementation in a rat model of arthritis induced by Freund’s complete adjuvant. J Ethnopharmacol, 120, 44-50.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Yeung, J.H.K., Chan, K.M., & OR, P.M.Y. (2008). Dihydrotanshinone, a lipophilic component of Salvia miltiorrhiza (danshen), relaxes rat coronary artery by inhibition of calcium channels. J Ethnopharmacol, 119, 318-321.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Yeung, J.H.K., Chan, K.M., & Or, P.M.Y. (2008). Mechanisms of the dilator action of cryptotanshinone on rat coronary artery. Eur J Pharmacol, 578, 253-260.
- Lam, F.F.Y. (2007). Role of protease-activated receptor 2 in joint inflammation. Arthritis Rheum., 56, 3514-3517.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Luk, P.W.S., & Ng, E.S.K. (2007). Pharmacological characterization of receptor types mediating the dilator action of anandamide on blood vessels of the rat knee joint. Life Sci., 80, 1495-1502.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Yeung, J.H.K., Chan, K.M., & OR, P.M.Y. (2007). Relaxant effects of danshen aqueous extract and its constituent danshensu on rat coronary artery are mediated by inhibition of calcium channels. Vas Pharmacol, 46, 271-277.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Yeung, J.H.K., Kwan, Y.W., Chan, K.M., & Or, P.M.Y. (2006). Salvianolic acid B, an aqueous extract of Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza), relaxes rat coronary artery by inhibition of calcium channels. Eur J Pharmacol, 553, 240-245.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Seto, S.W., Kwan, Y.W., Yeung, J.H.K., & Chan, P. (2006). Activation of iberiotoxin-sensitive BKCa channels by salvianolic acid B of the porcine coronary artery smooth muscle cells. Eur J Pharmacol, 546, 28-35.
- Hung, G.H.Y., Jones, R.L., Lam, F.F.Y., Chan K.M., & Sasaki, Y. (2006). Investigation of the pronounced synergism between prostaglandin E2 and other constrictor agents on rat femoral artery. Prost Leukot Essential Fatty Acids, 74, 401-415.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Ng, S.C.W., Cheung, J.H.Y., & Yeung, J.H.K. (2006). Mechanisms of the vasorelaxant effect of Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) in rat knee joints. J Ethnopharmacol, 104, 336-344.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Yeung, J.H.K., Cheung, J.H.Y., & OR, P.M.Y. (2006). Pharmacological evidence for calcium channel inhibition by Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) on rat isolated femoral artery. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol, 47, 139-145.
- Lam, F.F.Y., Yeung, J.H.K., & Cheung, J.H.Y. (2005). Mechanisms of the dilator action of Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) on rat isolated femoral artery. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol, 46, 361-368.