School of Biomedical Sciences
The Chinese University of Hong Kong 香港中文大學

Coordinated by our School member, one group research proposal was selected in the Research Grants Council (RGC) - Research Impact Fund (RIF) 2018/2019. Prof. Vincent C.K. Cheung, Assistant Professor of SBS obtained a sum of HK$3.15 million from RGC-RIF for a collaborative project with The City University of Hong Kong and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University entitled "A wearable for post-stroke rehabilitative multi-muscle stimulation inspired by the natural organization of neuromuscular control", with The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) being the coordinating university. The funding is split by the three participating universities. Among the total grant HK$4.5 million, the RGC funds 70% of the project cost while the participating universities will match the remaining 30% of the project cost.

The RIF is intended to encourage more impactful and translational research projects which benefit the wider community. We would like to extend our heartiest congratulations to Prof. Cheung for his ongoing efforts and commitment to pursuing research excellence.

News 20200116 1
Prof. Vincent C.K. Cheung (1st from right) and his teammates