B.Med., M.Med., Ph.D.
Address:: 610T, Choh-Ming Li Basic Medical Sciences Building, CUHK
Dr. ZHOU Yuhuan (周玉環) is an Assistant Lecturer in the School of Biomedical Sciences at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. She received her Ph.D. from Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong. She then did her postdoctoral research fellow training in The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada and later joined University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada, and was promoted as a Research Associate. Dr. Zhou has more than 10 years of experience in biomedical research and strong expertise in diverse biomedical science disciplines ranging from cell biology to immunology and cancer biology. Her research interest is applying high and super resolution microscopy to study cell-matrix adhesion assembly and ion transport in immune surveillance. She is a member of American Society for Cell Biology and a member of Bioimaging of North America. Dr. Zhou has a great passion for teaching and mentorship. She has assisted in organizing and teaching several international cell biology and advanced imaging courses (PhD level). She has mentored undergraduate students to complete summer internships and thesis project in Hong Kong and Canada. Her teaching interests cover physiology, histology, and university general education course.
- Physiology, histology, and university general education course.
- Course coordination (UGEB2791).
- Academic advising, mentorship, and student support.
- Zhou Y, Feng Z, Cao F, Liu X, Xia X, Yu CH. “Abl-mediated PI3K activation regulates macrophage podosome formation”. Journal of Cell Sciences, 2020.
- Leung G#, Zhou Y#, (2023) Ostrowski P, Mylvaganam S, Boroumand P, Mulder DJ, Guo C, Muise AM, Freeman SA. “ARPC1B binds WASP to control actin polymerization and curtail tonic signaling in B cells”. JCI Insight, 2021.
- Li Z#, Li C#, Zhou Y#, Chen W, Luo G, Zhang Z, Wang H, Zhang Y, Xu D, Sheng P. “Advanced glycation end products biphasically modulate bone resorption in osteoclast-like cells”. American Journal of Physiology Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2016.
- Cao F, Zhou Y, Liu X, Yu CH. “Podosome formation promotes plasma membrane invagination and integrin-β3 endocytosis on a viscous RGD-membrane”. Communications Biology., 2020.
- Yu CH, Rafiq NB, Cao F, Zhou Y, Krishnasamy A, Biswas KH, Ravasio A, Chen Z, Wang YH, Kawauchi K, Jones GE, Sheetz MP. “Integrin-beta3 clusters recruit clathrin-mediated endocytic machinery in the absence of traction force”. Nature Communications, 2015.
- Zhang Y, Cao F, Zhou Y, Feng Z, Sit B, Krendel M, Yu CH. “Tail domains of myosin-1e regulate phosphatidylinositol signaling and F-actin polymerization at the ventral layer of podosomes”. Molecular Biology of the Cell, 2019.
- Ping S, Liu S, Zhou Y, Li Z, Li Y, Liu K, Bardeesi AS, Wang L, Chen J, Deng L, Wang J, Wang H, Chen D, Zhang Z, Sheng P, Li C. “Protein disulfide isomerase-mediated apoptosis and proliferation of vascular smooth muscle cells induced by mechanical stress and advanced glycosylation end products result in diabetic mouse vein graft atherosclerosis”. Cell Death & Disease, 2017.
- Yan BR, Li T, Coyaud E, Laurent EMN, St-Germain J, Zhou Y, Kim PK, Raught B, Brumell JH. “C5orf51 is a component of the MON1-CCZ1 complex and controls RAB7A localization and stability during mitophagy”. Autophagy, 2021.
- Boroumand P, Prescott DC, Mukherjee T, Bilan PJ, Wong M, Shen J, Tattoli I, Zhou Y, Li A, Sivasubramaniyam T, Shi N, Zhu LY, Liu Z, Robbins C, Philpott DJ, Girardin SE, Klip A. “Bone marrow adipocytes drive the development of tissue invasive Ly6Chigh monocytes during obesity”. Elife, 2022.
- Chen W, Li Z, Guo Y, Zhou Y, Zhang Y, Luo G, Yang X, Li C, Liao W, Sheng P. “Wear Particles Impair Antimicrobial Activity Via Suppression of Reactive Oxygen Species Generation and ERK1/2 Phosphorylation in Activated Macrophages”. Inflammation, 2015.
- Chen W, Li Z, Guo Y, Zhou Y, Zhang Z, Zhang Y, Luo G, Yang X, Liao W, Li C, Chen L, Sheng P. “Wear particles promote reactive oxygen species-mediated inflammation via the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase pathway in macrophages surrounding loosened implants”. Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, 2015.
- Certificate of Attendance, Quantitative Super-resolution Microscopy Workshop, University of Calgary, 2023.
- Certificate of Attendance, The American Society for Cell Biology | European Molecular Biology Organization Conference, Canada, 2021.
- Certificate of Presentation, Gordon Research Conference, USA, 2018.
- Certificate of Presentation, Gordon Research Seminar, USA, 2018.
- Certificate of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, The University of Hong Kong, 2016.
- HKU Foundation Postgraduate Fellowship, The University of Hong Kong, 2015.