Research Assistant Professor
B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Telephone: 3943 0570
125A, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building, Area 39, CUHK
Prof. WANG Wuming (王武明) received his B.Sc. in Biological Science from Nanchang University in 2011 and completed his M.Sc. in Biology from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2014. Thereafter he obtained his Ph.D. degree from Department of Surgery at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) in 2017. After graduation, he pursued postdoc training in Prof. Chan Wai-yee’s laboratory at the School of Biomedical Sciences in CUHK for four years and became a Research Assistant Professor in 2021. Dr. Wang’s research work has focused on the regulatory mechanism of pluripotency maintenance in embryonic stem cells. He has also revealed a dynamic change of non-CG DNA methylation during cardiomyocyte differentiation. Dr. Wang has published papers in international journals including Advanced Science, Cell Death & Disease, and Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience. His current research interests are ESC pluripotency, cardiac development and disease, and exploration of the development and translational application of genome editing tools.
- The regulatory mechanism of the maintenance of ESC pluripotency
- Cardiac development and disease
- The development and translational application of genome editing tools
- Wang, W.M., Lu, G., Liu, H.B., Xiong, Z.Q., Leung, H.D., Cao, R.C., Pang, L.P.A., Su, X.W., Law, W.N.P., Zhao, Z.J., Chen, Z.J., & CHAN W.Y. (2021). Pten Regulates Cardiomyocyte Differentiation by Modulating Non-CG Methylation via Dnmt3. Advanced Science, e2100849.
- Wang, W.M., Lu, G., Su, X.W., ang, C.C., Li, H.J., Xiong, Z.Q., Leung, C.K., Wong, M.S., Liu, H.B., Ma, J.L., Cheung, H.H., Kung, H.F., Chen, Z.J., & Chan, W.Y. (2020). Pten-mediated Gsk3beta modulates the naive pluripotency maintenance in embryonic stem cells. Cell Death Dis., 11(2): 107.
- Cao, L.B., Liu, H.B., Lu, G., Lv, Y., Leung C.K., Du, Y.Z., Wang, W.M., Xiong, Z.Q., Su, X.W., Li, H.J., Chen, Z.J., Ma, J.L., & Chan, W.Y. (2020). Hormone-Like Effects of 4-Vinylcyclohexene Diepoxide on Follicular Development. Front Cell Dev Biol., 8: 587.
- Fu, J.Y., Chen, X.X., Liu, X., Xu, D.S., Yang, H., Zeng, C.T., Long, H.B., Zhou, C.Q., Wu, H.D., Zheng, G.H., Wu, H., Wang, W.M., & Wang, T. (2020). ELABELA ameliorates hypoxic/ischemic-induced bone mesenchymal stem cell apoptosis via alleviation of mitochondrial dysfunction and activation of PI3K/AKT and ERK1/2 pathways. Stem Cell Res Ther., 11(1): 541.
- Tang, C.C., Shan, L.P., Wang, W. M., Lu, G., Tare, R.S., & Lee, K.H.K. (2017). Generation of a Bag1 homozygous knockout mouse embryonic stem cell line using CRISPR/Cas9. Stem Cell Res., 21: 29-31.
- Wang, W.M., Lu, G., Su, X.W., Lyu, H., & Poon, W.S. (2017). MicroRNA-182 Regulates Neurite Outgrowth Involving the PTEN/AKT Pathway. Front Cell Neurosci, 11: 96.