Research Assistant Professor
B.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
Address: 407, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building, Area 39, CUHK
Dr. LONG Xiaohang (龍小杭) obtained her Bachelor’s degree from the School of Life Sciences at Peking University and her MPhil and Ph.D. degree from the School of Life Sciences at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). She completed her postdoctoral training in the State Key Laboratory of Digestive Disease CUHK, focusing on driver bacteria carcinogenesis in tumor microenvironments and organoids modeling in colorectal cancer.
- Genomic and epigenomic alterations in liver cancer
- Molecular mechanism of immunotherapy resistance
- Therapeutic targets for liver cancer
- Long X, Wong CC, Tong L, Chu ESH, Ho Szeto C, Go MYY, Coker OO, Chan AWH, Chan FKL, Sung JJY, Yu J. (2019) Peptostreptococcus anaerobius promotes colorectal carcinogenesis and modulates tumor-immunity. Nature Microbiology 2019 Dec;4(12):2319-2330.
- Cheung SC, Long X, Liu L, Liu Q, Lan L, Tong PC, Sun SS. (2013) Inhibition of human MCF-7 breast cancer cells and HT-29 colon cancer cells by rice-produced recombinant human insulin-like growth binding protein-3 (rhIGFBP-3). Plos One 8:e77516 (co-first author)
- Long X, Liu Q, Chan M, Wang Q, Sun S.S.M. (2013) Metabolic engineering and profiling of rice with increased lysine. Plant Biotechnol. J 11:490-501
- Health and Medical Research Fund [Co-I; 01-April-2018] “Functional investigation of a novel oncogenic bacterium Peptostreptococcus anaerobius in colorectal carcinogenesis” (HK$1,196,904)
- Science and Technology Program Grant, Shenzhen [Co-I; 01 July 2017] “Study on the relationship between gut microbiome dysbiosis and colorectal cancer” (RMB 2,000,000)