B.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
Telephone: 3943 4224
Address: 610K, Choh-Ming Li Basic Medical Sciences Building, CUHK
Dr Josephine LAU (劉詠思) received her BSc (Human Biology), MPhil (Anatomy) and PhD (Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences) from The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Her skills have been honed by more than 20 years of experiences when she taught a variety of basic medical science subjects. She has extensive inter-disciplinary experience in the teaching of Anatomy, which includes teaching students studying medicine, pharmacy, physiotherapy, radiography, optometry, medical laboratory science and biomedical engineering students. She also has extensive experience in practicing flipped classroom and peer-instruction approaches in lecture and practical, as well as e-assessment and learning analytics in basic medical science subjects.
- Human anatomy education for medical and health professions students
- e-Assessment and learning analytics
- Collaborative and peer learning
Full length articles
- Lau MWY, Lau JWS, Yuen JWM, Fung SFL, Ng SSM, Pang PSC, Tsui JLP, Csete JM, Law H, O’Donoghue MM & Tsang WWN. Flipped Learning: an approach to improve the learning of Human Anatomy. Learning & Instruction (submitted)
- Chung JWY, Wong TKS, Chang KKP, Chow CB, Chung BPM, Chung G, Ho S, Ho JSC, Lai CKY, Lai A, Lam VSF, Lau JWS, Liu J, Mok E & Wong D. (2004) Rapid assessment of a helpdesk service supporting severe acute respiratory syndrome patients and their relatives. J Clin Nursing 13, 1- 8
- Faculty Collaborative Research Scheme between Social Sciences and Health Sciences, PolyU [Co-PI; Jul-2017] “Teaching and Learning Experiences of an Inter-professional Education Programme for Undergraduate Students in Health and Social Care Disciplines” HKD 114,254
- eLearning and Blended Learning Development Fund, PolyU [PI; Jul-2016] “Medical Terminology Proficiency: Developing a New Interdisciplinary SPOC eLearning Module for Promoting Active Learning in All Health Science Discipline-Specific Requirement Subjects offered by FHSS” HKD 160,000
- eLearning and Blended Learning Development Fund, PolyU [Co-PI; May-2014] “Developing an eLearning/Blended Subject in Human Biochemistry with Emphasis on Clinical Correlates for Flipped Classroom Delivery via LEARN@PolyU & SCORM-Compliance MOOC Platforms” HKD 497,975
- eLearning and Blended Learning Development Fund, PolyU [Co-PI; May 2014] “A flipped classroom of Human Anatomy (HSS2011) leading to the development of Massive Open Online Course” HKD 1,376,400
- Learning and Teaching Development Grant for 2012-15 Triennium, PolyU [PI; Jun-2013] “Developing a Generic Online Activities Engine Supported by LEARN@PolyU to Promote Active Learning in a Health Science Core Subject in the New 4-year Undergraduate Curriculum” HKD 119,963
- Courseware Development Grant Scheme 2010-11, CUHK [PI; Jan 2011] “Developing the new CU-elearning system-supported courseware for teaching Anatomy of the digestive system” HKD 60,000
- Courseware Development Grant Scheme 2010-11, CUHK [Co-PI; Jan 2011] “eDissecting guide to Human Structure” HKD 48,000
- Courseware Development Grant Scheme 2009-10, CUHK [Co-PI; Jan 2010] “Development of WebCT-based courseware for the teaching and self-assessment study of electrocardiogram (ECG)” HKD 50,000
- Faculty Teaching Award 2016, Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Departmental Teaching Award 2016, Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Departmental Teaching Award 2013, Department of Health Technology and Informatics, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.