519A, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building, Area 39, CUHK
- Hormonal carcinogenesis and cancer biology of prostate gland
- Orphan nuclear receptors-mediated signaling pathways in prostate gland development and prostate cancer
- Tumor microenvironment, epithelial-mesenchymal-transition and hypoxia in prostate cancer
- Molecular targeted therapy and immunotherapy of prostate cancer
- Cancer stem cells in prostate cancer
- Cai, G., Wu, D., Wang, Z., Xu, Z., Wong, K.B., Ng, C.F., Chan, F.L., and Yu, S. (2016). Collapsin response mediator protein-1 (CRMP1) acts as an invasion and metastasis suppressor of prostate cancer via its suppression of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and remodeling of actin cytoskeleton organization. Oncogene, 36(4), 546-558.
- Wu, D., Cheung, A., Wang, Y., Yu, S., and Chan, F.L. (2016). The emerging roles of orphan nuclear receptors in prostate cancer. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta Reviews on Cancer, 1866(1), 23-36.
- Wu, D., Yu, S., Jia, L., Zou, C., Xu, Z., Xiao, L., Wong, K.B., Ng, C.F., and Chan, F.L. (2015). Orphan nuclear receptor TLX functions as a potent suppressor of oncogene-induced senescence in prostate cancer via its transcriptional co-regulation of CDKN1A (p21WAF1/CIP1) and SIRT1 genes. The Journal of Pathology, 236(1), 103-115.
- Sailland, J., Tribollet, V., Forcet, C., Billon, C., Barenton, B., Carnesecchi, J., Gauthier, K.C., Yu, S., Giguère, V., Chan, F.L., and Vanacker, J.M. (2014). Estrogen-related receptor α decreases RHOA stability to induce oriented cell migration. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 111(42), 15108-15113.
- Yu, S., Xu, Z., Zou, C., Wu, D., Wang, Y., Yao, X., Ng, C.F. and Chan, F.L. (2014). Ion channel TRPM8 promotes hypoxic growth of prostate cancer cells via an O2-independent and RACK1-mediated mechanism of HIF-1α stabilization. The Journal of Pathology, 234(4), 514-525.
- Zou, C., Yu, S., Xu, Z., Wu, D., Ng, C.F., Yao, X., Yew, D.T., Vanacker, J.M., and Chan, F.L. (2014), ERRα augments HIF-1 signaling by directly interacting with HIF-1α in normoxic and hypoxic prostate cancer cells. The Journal of Pathology, 233(1), 61-73.
- Yu, S., Lin, Jia L., Zhang, Y., Wu, D., Xu, Z., Ng, C.F., To, K.K., Huang, Y. and Chan, F.L. (2013). Increased expression of activated endothelial nitric oxide synthase contributes to antiandrogen resistance in prostate cancer cells by suppressing androgen receptor transactivation. Cancer Letters, 328(1), 83-94.
- Ma, X., Cai, Y., He, D., Zou, C., Zhang, P., Lo, C.Y., Xu, Z., Chan, F.L., Yu, S., Chen, Y., Zhu, R., Lei, J., Jin, J. and Yao, X. (2012). Transient receptor potential channel TRPC5 is essential for p-glycoprotein induction in drug-resistant cancer cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 109(40), 16282-16287.
- Luk, S.U., Lee, T.K., Liu, J., Lee, D.T., Chiu, Y.T., Ma, S., Ng, I.O., Wong, Y.C., Chan, F.L., and Ling, M.T. (2011). Chemoprevention effect of PSP through targeting of prostate cancer stem cell-like population. PLoS One, 6(5), e19804.
- Yu, S., Zhang, Y., Yuen, M.T., Zou, C., Danielpour, D., and Chan, F.L. (2011). 17-Beta-estradiol induces neoplastic transformation in prostatic epithelial cells. Cancer Letters, 304(1), 8-20.
- Yu, S., Wang, M.W., Yao, X., and Chan, F.L. (2009). Establishment of a novel immortalized human prostatic epithelial cell line stably expressing androgen receptor and its application for the functional screening of androgen receptor modulators. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 382(4), 756-761.
- Chu, J.H., Yu, S., Hayward, S.W., and Chan, F.L. (2009) Development of a three-dimensional culture model of prostatic epithelial cells and its use for the study of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and inhibition of PI3K pathway in prostate cancer. Prostate, 69(4), 428-442.
- Yu, S., Wong, Y.C., Wang, X., Ling, M.T., Ng, C.F., Chen, S. and Chan, F.L. (2008). Orphan nuclear receptor estrogen-related receptor-β suppresses in vitro and in vivo growth of prostate cancer cells via p21WAF1/CIP1 induction and as a potential therapeutic target in prostate cancer. Oncogene, 27(23), 3313-3328.
- Yu, S., Wang, X., Ng, C.F., Chen, S. and Chan, F.L. (2007). ERRγ suppresses cell proliferation and tumor growth of androgen-sensitive and -insensitive prostate cancer cells and its implication as a therapeutic target for prostate cancer. Cancer Research, 67(10), 4904-4914.
- Lui, K., Huang, Y., Choi, H.L., Yu, S., Wong, K.B., Chen, S., and Chan, F.L. (2006). Molecular cloning and functional study of rat estrogen receptor-related receptor γ in rat prostatic cells. Prostate, 66(15), 1600-1619.
- Yuen, M.T., Leung, L.K., Wang, J., Wong, Y.C. and Chan, F.L. (2005). Enhanced induction of prostatic dysplasia and carcinoma in Noble rat model by combination of neonatal estrogen exposure and hormonal treatments at adulthood. International Journal of Oncology, 27(6), 1685-1695.
- Chua, C.W., Lee, D.T., Ling, M.T., Zhou, C., Man, K., Ho, J., Chan, F.L., Wang, X., and Wong, Y.C. (2005). FTY720, a fungus metabolite, inhibits in vivo growth of androgen-independent prostate cancer. International Journal of Cancer, 117, 1039-1048.
- Kwok, W.K., Ling M.T., Lee, T.W., Lau, T.C., Zhou, C., Zhang, X., Chua C.W., Chan, K.W., Chan, F.L., Glackin, C., Wong, Y.C. and Wang, X. (2005). Up-regulation of TWIST in prostate cancer and its implication as a therapeutic target. Cancer Researh, 65(12), 5153-5162.
- Cheung, C.P., Yu, S., Wong K.B., Chan, L.W., Lai, F.M., Wang, X., Suetsugi, M., Chen, S., and Chan, F.L. (2005). Expression and functional study of estrogen receptor-related receptors in human prostatic cells and tissues. The Journal of Clincial Endocrinology and Metabolism, 90(3), 1830-1844.
- Duan, W., Gabril, M.Y., Moussa, M., Chan, F.L., Sakai, H., Fong, G. and Xuan, J.W. (2005). Knockin of SV40 Tag oncogene in a mouse adencarcinoma of the prostate model demonstrates advantageous features over the transgenic model. Oncogene, 24(9), 1510-1524.