B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Address:505A, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building, Area 39, CUHK
- Toxicology, in particular idiosyncratic hepatotoxicity and tumorigenicity
- Herb-drug interactions, in particular chemopreventive and synergistic anticancer effects of Chinese medicinal (CM) herbs in the combinational therapy of anticancer drugs with CM herbs
- Pharmacokinetics of therapeutic drugs and CM herbs
- Integrative approach for the study of CM herbs, including chemical analysis, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, safety and quality control of CM herbs
- Zhu, L., Xue, J., Xia, Q., Fu, P.P. and Lin, G. (2016). The long persistence of pyrrolizidine alkaloid-derived DNA adducts in vivo: kinetic study following single and multiple exposures in male ICR mice. Archives of Toxicology. In Press. DOI 10.1007/s00204-016-1713-z.
- Ma, B.L., Yin, C., Zhang, B.K., Dai, Y., Jia, Y.Q., Yang, Y., Li, Q., Shi, R., Wang, T.M., Wu, J.S., Li, Y.Y., Lin, G. and Ma, Y.M. (2016). Naturally occurring proteinaceous nanoparticles in Coptidis Rhizoma extract act as concentration-dependent carriers that facilitate berberine absorption. Scientific Reports 6, 20110.
- Yao, S., To, K.K.W., Ma, L., Yin, C., Tang, C.P., Chai, S., Ke, C.Q., Lin, G. and Ye, Y. (2016). Polyoxypregane steroids with open-chain sugar moiety from marsdenia tenacissima and their chemoresistance reversal activity. Phytochemistry, 126, 47-58.
- Yang, M.B., Ruan, J.Q., Fu, P.P. and Lin, G. (2015). Cytotoxicity of pyrrolizidine alkaloid in human hepatic parenchymal and sinusoidal endothelial cells: firm evidence for the reactive metabolites mediated pyrrolizidine alkaloid-induced hepatotoxicity. Chemico-Biological Interactions, 24, 119-126.
- Ruan, J.Q., Gao, H., Li, N., Xue, J.Y., Chen, J., Ke, C.Q., Ye, Y., Fu, P.P., Zheng, J., Wang, J.Y. and Lin, G. (2015). Blood pyrrole-protein adducts – A biomarker of pyrrolizidine alkaloid-induced liver injury in humans. Journal of Environmental Science and Health. Part C: Environmental Carcinogenesis and Ecotoxicology Reviews, 33, 404-421.
- Li, Y.H., Tai, W.C.S., Xue, J.Y., Wong, W.Y., Lu, C., Ruan, J.Q., Li, N., Wan, T.F., Chan, W.Y., Hsiao, W.L.W. and Lin, G. (2015). Proteomic Study of Pyrrolizidine Alkaloid-Induced Hepatic Sinusoidal Obstruction Syndrome in Rats. Chemical Research in Toxicology, 28, 1715-1727.
- Gao, H., Ruan, J.Q., Chen, J., Li, N., Ke, C.Q., Ye, Y., Lin, G. and Wang, J.Y. (2015). Blood Pyrrole-protein Adducts as Diagnostic and Prognostic Index in Pyrrolizidine Alkaloids-Hepatic Sinusoidal Obstruction Syndrome. Drug Design. Development and Therapy, 9, 4861-4868.
- To, K.K., Poon, D.C., Wei, Y., Wang, F., Lin, G. and Fu, L. (2015). Pelitinib (EKB-569) targets the up-regulation of ABCB1 and ABCG2 induced by hyperthermia to eradicate lung cancer. British Journal of Pharmacology, 172, 4089-4016.
- Chu, Z.Q., Miu, K.K., Lung, P.S., Zhan, S.L., Zhao, S.S., Chang, H.C., Lin, G. and Li, Q. (2015). Rapid endosomal escape of prickly nanodiamonds: implications for gene delivery. Scientific Reports, 5, 11661.
- Ruan, J.Q., Yang, M.B., Fu, P., Ye, Y. and Lin, G. (2014). Metabolic Activation of Pyrrolizidine Alkaloids: Insights into the Structural and Enzymatic Basis. Chemical Research in Toxicology, 27, 1030-1039.
- Xia, Q., Zhao, Y., Von Tungeln, L.S., Doerge, D.R., Lin, G., Cai, L. and Fu, P.P. (2013). Pyrrolizidine alkaloid-derived DNA adducts as a common biological biomarker of pyrrolizidine alkaloid-induced tumorigenicity. Chemical Research in Toxicology, 26, 1384-1396.
- Zhan, S.L., Chu, Z.Q., Yin, C., Zhang, C.Y., Lin, G. and Li, Q. (2013). Controllable drug release and simultaneously carrier decomposition of SiO2-drug composite nanoparticles. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 135, 5709-5716.
- Chu, Z.Q., Yin, C. ,Zhan, S.L., Lin, G. and Li, Q. (2013). Surface plasmon enhanced drug efficacy using core shell Au@SiO2 nanoparticle carrier. Nanoscale, 5, 3406-3411.
- Kan, W.L.T., Yin, C., Xu, H.X., Xu, G., To, K.K.W., Cho, C.H., Rudd, J.A. and Lin, G. (2013). Anti-tumor effects of novel compound, guttiferone K, on colon cancer by p21Waf1/Cip1- mediated G0/G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. International Journal of Cancer, 132, 707-716.
- Yan, R., Ko, N.L., Ma, B., Tam, Y.K. and Lin, G. (2012). Metabolic conversion from co-existing ingredient leading to significant systemic exposure of Z-butylidenephthalide, a minor ingredient in Chuanxiong Rhizoma, in rat. Current Drug Metabolism, 13, 524-534.
- Li, N., Xia, Q.S., Ruan, J.Q., Fu, P.P. and Lin, G. (2011). Hepatotoxicity and tumorigenicity induced by metabolic activation of pyrrolizidine alkaloids in herbs. Current Drug Metabolism. 12, 823-834.
- Ma, B., Yang, D., Li, N. and Lin, G. (2011). Effects of structural modification on intestinal absorption and transport mechanism of α–aminoxy peptides. Molecular Pharmaceutics, 8, 1073-1082.
- Lin, G., Wang, J.Y., Li, N., Li, M., Gao, H., Ji, Y., Zhang, F., Zhou, Y., Ye, Y., Xu, H.X. and Zheng, J. (2011). Hepatic sinusoidal obstruction syndrome associated with Gynura segetum. Journal of Hepatology, 54, 666-673.
- Yan, R., Ko, N.L., Li, S.L., Tam, Y.K. and Lin, G. (2008). Pharmacokinetics and metabolism of ligustilide, a major bioactive component in rhizoma chuanxiong, in the rat. Drug Metabolism and Disposition, 36, 400-408.
- Zhang, L., Zuo, Z. and Lin, G. (2007). Intestinal and hepatic glucuronidation of flavonoids. Molecular Pharmaceutics, 4, 833-845.