Rm 520A, 6/F., Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sci. Bldg, Area 39, CUHK
- Bioinformatics; statistical/computational methodologies for “omics” studies; applications to cancer/neuropsychiatric/cardio-metabolic phenotypes
- Disease risk prediction methodologies, particularly with the use of genomic profiles
- Genetic architecture of complex diseases
- Genetic epidemiological studies, especially on neuro-psychiatric disorders
- High dimensional data analysis, multiple testing, machine learning
- So, H.C.*, Chau, C.K., Chiu, W.T., Ho, K.S., Lo, C.P., Yim, S.H., and Sham, P.C. (2017). Analysis of genome-wide association data highlights candidates for drug repositioning in psychiatry. Nature Neuroscience 20, 1342-1349. (*Corresponding author)
- So, H.C.* and Sham, P. C. (2017). Exploring the predictive power of polygenic scores derived from genome-wide association studies: a study of 10 complex traits.
Bioinformatics, 33(6), 886-892. (*Corresponding author)
- So, H.C.* and Sham, P.C. (2017). Improving polygenic risk prediction from summary statistics by an empirical Bayes approach. Sci Rep, 7, 41262. (*Corresponding author)
- Lee, E.H., So, H.C., and Chen, E.Y. (2016). Admission Rates and Psychiatric Beds in Hong Kong, 1999-2014: A Population-Based Study. Psychiatric services 67, 579.
- Chan, S. K., So, H.C., Hui, C.L., Chang, W.C., Lee, E.H., Chung, D.W., Tso, S., Hung, S.F., Yip, K.C., Dunn, E., Chen E.Y. (2015). 10-year outcome study of an early intervention program for psychosis compared with standard care service. Psychol Med 45(6), 1181-1193.
- Wong, E.H.*, So, H.C.*, Li, M., Wang, Q., Butler, A.W., Paul, B., Wu, H.M., Hui, T.C., Choi, S.C., So, M.T., Garcia-Barcelo, M. M., McAlonan, G. M., Chen, E. Y., Cheung,E. F., Chan, R. C., Purcell, S. M., Cherny, S. S., Chen, R. R., Li, T. and Sham, P. C. (2014). Common variants on Xq28 conferring risk of schizophrenia in Han Chinese. Schizophr Bull 40, 777-786. (*equal first authors)
- Falchi, M., Moustafa, J.S.E., Takousis, P., Pesce, F., Bonnefond, A., Andersson-Assarsson, J.C., Sudmant, P.H., Al-Shafai, M.N., Bottolo, L., So, H.C. et al. (2014). Low number of copies of the salivary amylase gene predisposes to obesity. Nat. Genet., 46(5), 492-497.
- So, H.C., Gui, A.H., Cherny, S.S., and Sham, P.C. (2011). Evaluating the heritability explained by known susceptibility variants: a survey of ten complex diseases. Genet Epidemiol 35, 310-317. (cited 201 times as at 5/10/2017 according to Google Scholar)
- So, H.C., and Sham, P.C. (2011). Robust association tests under different genetic models, allowing for binary or quantitative traits and covariates. Behav Genet 41, 768-775.
- So, H.C., Li, M., and Sham, P.C. (2011). Uncovering the total heritability explained by all true susceptibility variants in a genome-wide association study. Genet Epidemiol 35, 447-456.
- So, H.C., Kwan, J.S., Cherny, S.S., and Sham, P.C. (2011). Risk prediction of complex diseases from family history and known susceptibility loci, with applications for cancer screening. Am J Hum Genet 88, 548-565.
- So, H.C., Yip, B.H., and Sham, P.C. (2010). Estimating the total number of susceptibility variants underlying complex diseases from genome-wide association studies. PLoS One 5, e13898.
- So, H.C., and Sham, P.C. (2010). Effect size measures in genetic association studies and age-conditional risk prediction. Hum Hered 70, 205-218
- So, H.C., and Sham, P.C. (2010). A unifying framework for evaluating the predictive power of genetic variants based on the level of heritability explained. PLoS Genet 6, e1001230.
- So, H.C., Fong, P.Y., Chen, R.Y., Hui, T.C., Ng, M.Y., Cherny, S.S., Mak, W.W., Cheung, E.F., Chan, R.C., Chen, E.Y. and Sham P.C. (2010). Identification of neuroglycan C and interacting partners as potential susceptibility genes for schizophrenia in a Southern Chinese population. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153B, 103-113.
- So, H.C., Chen, E.Y. and Sham, P.C. (2009), Genetics of schizophrenia spectrum disorders: looking back and peering ahead. Ann. Acad. Med. Singapore, 38, 436-434.
- So, H.C., Chen, R.Y., Chen, E.Y., Cheung, E.F., Li, T., and Sham, P.C. (2008). An association study of RGS4 polymorphisms with clinical phenotypes of schizophrenia in a Chinese population. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147B, 77-85.