Rm 624A, 6/F., Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sci. Bldg, Area 39, CUHK
- Bioinformatics; statistical/computational methodologies for “omics” studies; applications to cancer/neuropsychiatric/cardio-metabolic phenotypes
- Disease risk prediction methodologies, particularly with the use of genomic profiles
- Genetic architecture of complex diseases
- Genetic epidemiological studies, especially on neuro-psychiatric disorders
- High dimensional data analysis, multiple testing, machine learning
- So, H.C., Chen, R.Y., Chen, E.Y., Cheung, E.F., Li T., et al. (2008). An association study of RGS4 polymorphisms with clinical phenotypes of schizophrenia in a Chinese population. Am. J. Med. Genet. B. Neuropsychiatr. Genet., 147B, 77-85.
- Zhang, F., Sham, P.C., Fan, H., Xu, Y., Huang, X., So, H., Song, Y. and Liu, P. (2008). An association study of ADSS gene polymorphisms with schizophrenia. Behav Brain Funct 4: 39.
- So, H.C., Chen, E.Y. and Sham, P.C. (2009), Genetics of schizophrenia spectrum disorders: looking back and peering ahead. Ann. Acad. Med. Singapore, 38, 436-434.
- So, H.C., Fong, P.Y., Chen, R.Y., Hui, T.C., Ng, M.Y., et al. (2010). Identification of neuroglycan C and interacting partners as potential susceptibility genes for schizophrenia in a Southern Chinese population. Am. J. Med. Genet. B. Neuropsychiatr. Genet., 153B, 103-113.
- So, H.C. and Sham, P.C. (2010). A unifying framework for evaluating the predictive power of genetic variants based on the level of heritability explained. PLoS Genet, 6, e1001230.
- So, H.C., Sham, P.C. (2010). Effect size measures in genetic association studies and age-conditional risk prediction. Hum. Hered., 70, 205-218.
- So, H.C., Yip, B.H. and Sham, P.C. (2010). Estimating the total number of susceptibility variants underlying complex diseases from genome-wide association studies. PLoS One, 5, e13898.
- So, H.C., Gui, A.H., Cherny, S.S. and Sham, P.C. (2011) Evaluating the heritability explained by known susceptibility variants: a survey of ten complex diseases. Genet Epidemiol., 35, 310-317. [listed as one of 5 top downloaded articles in the year, cited 119 times as at 30/3/2015 according to Google Scholar]
- So, H.C., Kwan, J.S., Cherny, S.S. and Sham, P.C. (2011). Risk prediction of complex diseases from family history and known susceptibility loci, with applications to cancer screening. American Journal of Human Genetics, 88(5), 548-565
- So, H.C. and Sham, P.C. (2011), Robust Association Tests Under Different Genetic Models, Allowing for Binary or Quantitative Traits and Covariates. Behav Genet., 41, 768-775.
- So, H.C. and Sham, P.C. (2011). Multiple testing and power calculations in genetic association studies. Cold Spring Harb Protoc, 2011, pdb top95.
- Garcia-Barcelo, M.M., Miao, X., Tang, CS, So HC, Tang W, et al. (2011). No NRG1 V266L in Chinese patients with schizophrenia. Psychiatr Genet, 21, 47-49.
- So, H.C., Li, M.X. and Sham, PC. (2011). Uncovering the total heritability explained by all true susceptibility variants in a genome-wide association study. Genetic Epidem., 35, 447-456.
- Wong, E.H.*, So, H.C.*, Li, M., Wang, Q., Butler, A.W., Paul, B., Wu, H.M., Hui, T.C., Choi, S.C., So, M.T. et al. (2014), Common variants on Xq28 conferring risk of schizophrenia in Han Chinese. Schizophr Bull, 40(4), 777-778 (*equal first authors)
- Falchi, M., Moustafa, J.S.E., Takousis, P., Pesce, F., Bonnefond, A., Andersson-Assarsson, J.C., Sudmant, P.H., Al-Shafai, M.N., Bottolo, L., So, H.C. et al. (2014). Low number of copies of the salivary amylase gene predisposes to obesity. Nat. Genet., 46(5), 492-497.
- Chan, S.K., So, H.C., Hui, C.L., Chang, W.C., Lee, E.H., Chung, D.W., Tso, S., Hung, S.F., Yip, K.C., Dunn, E. et al. (2014). 10-year outcome study of an early intervention program for psychosis compared with standard care service. Psychol. Med., 1-13.
- Schizophrenia Working Group of the Psychiatric Genomics Consortium (2014) Biological insights from 108 schizophrenia-associated genetic loci. Nature 511(7510), 421-427.
- Gusev, A., Lee, S.H., Trynka, G., Finucane, H., Vilhjalmsson, B.J., Xu, H., Zang, C., Ripke, S., Bulik-Sullivan, B., Stahl, E., Schizophrenia Working Group of the Psychiatric Genomics Consortium et al. (2014). Partitioning heritability of regulatory and cell-type-specific variants across 11 common diseases. Am. J. Hum. Genet., 95(5), 535-552.
- Bulik-Sullivan, B.K., Loh, P.R., Finucane, H.K., Ripke, S., Yang, J., Schizophrenia Working Group of the Psychiatric Genomics Consortium, Patterson, N., Daly, M.J., Price, A.L., Neale, B.M. (2015). LD Score regression distinguishes confounding from polygenicity in genome-wide association studies. Nat. Genet., 47(3), 291-295.