BB.S., M.S., Ph.D.
224A, Lo Kwee-Seong Integrated Biomedical Sciences Building, Area 39, CUHK
- Ca2+ signaling in cardiac hypertrophy and autophagy
- Ca2+ signaling in cancer progression and multidrug resistance
- Cytoskeleton, mechanosensation and TRP channels
- Cardiac stem cell differentiation and regeneration
- Neuronal synaptic plasticity, long-term potentiation, memory and learning
- Lau OC, Shen B, Wong CO, Tjong YW, Lo CY, Wang HC, Huang Y, Yung WH, Chen YC, Fung ML, Rudd JA, Yao X (2016) TRPC5 channels participate in pressure-sensing in aortic baroreceptors. Nature Commun 7:11947.
- Wang Y, Li ZC, Zhang P, Poon E, Kong CW, Boheler KR, Huang Y, Li RA, Yao X (2015). Nitric oxide-cGMP-PKG pathway acts on Orai1 to inhibit the hypertrophy of human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes. Stem Cells 33(10):2973-84.
- Ru X, Zheng ZB, Zhao Q, Lan HY, Huang Y, Wan S, Mori Y, Yao X (2015) Transient receptor potential channel M2 contributes to neointimal hyperplasia in vascular walls. Biochim Biophys Acta - Mol Basis Disease. 1852:1360-1371.
- Ma X, Chen Z, Hua D, He D, Wang L, Zhang P, Wang J, Cai Y, Gao C, Zhang X, Zhang F, Wang T, Hong T, Jin L, Qi X, Chen S, Gu X, Yang D, Pan Q, Zhu Y, Chen Y, Chen D, Jiang L, Han X, Zhang Y, Jin J, Yao X (2014) Essential role for TrpC5-containing extracellular vesicles in breast cancer with chemotherapeutic resistance. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 111:6389-94.
- Du J, Ma X, Shen B, Huang Y, Birnbaumer L, Yao X (2014) TRPV4, TRPC1 and TRPP2 assemble to form a flow-sensitive heteromeric channel. FASEB J 28(11):4677-85.
- Zhang P, Ma Y, Wang Y, Ma X, Huang Y, Li RA, Wan S, Yao X (2014) Nitric oxide and protein kinase G act on TRPC1 to inhibit 11,12-EET-induced vascular relaxation. Cardiovasc Res 104(1):138-46.
- Ma X, Du J, Zhang P, Deng J, Liu J, Lam FFY, Li RA, Huang Y, Jin J, Yao X (2013) Functional role of TRPV4-KCa2.3 signaling in vascular endothelial cells in normal and streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Hypertension 62(1):134-9.
- Ma X, Cai Y, He D, Zou C, Zhang P, Lo CY Xu Z, Chan FL, Shan Yu, Chen Y, Zhu R, Lei J, Jin J,Yao X (2012) Transient receptor potential channel TRPC5 is essential for P-glycoprotein induction in drug-resistant cancer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 109(40):16282-7.
- Du J, Wong WY, Sun L, Huang Y, Yao X (2012) Protein kinase G regulates flow-induced Ca2+ entry in M1-CCD cells. J Ame Soc Nephrol 23:1172-80.
- Ma, X, Cao, JY, Luo, JH, Nilius, B, Huang, Y, Ambudkar IS, Yao X. (2010) Depletion of intracellular Ca2+ stores stimulates the translocation of TRPV4-C1 heteromers to the plasma membrane. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30(11):2249-55.
- Ma X, Qiu S, Luo JH, Ma Y, Ngai CY, Shen B, Wong CO, Huang Y, Yao X (2010) Functional role of TRPV4-TRPC1 complex in flow-induced Ca2+ influx. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30(4):851-8.
- Kwan HY, Shen B, Ma X, Kwok YC, Huang Y, Man YB, Yu S, Yao X. (2009) TRPC1 Associates With BKCa Channel to Form a Signal Complex in Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells. Circ Res 104:670-8.
- Li X, Shen B, Yao X*, Yang D* (2009) A synthetic chloride channel regulates cell membrane potentials and voltage-gated calcium channels. J Am Chem Soc 131:13676-80 (*, co-corresponding authors).
- Yao X, Garland CJ (2005) Recent development in endothelial cell TRP channels. Circ Res (Invited Review) 97:853-63.
- Kwan HY, Huang Y, Yao X (2004) Regulation of canonical transient receptor potential channel isoforms 3 (TRPC3) by protein kinase G. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101:2625-30.
- Yao X, Huang Y (2003) From nitric oxide to endothelial cytosolic Ca, a negative feedback control. Trends Pharmacol Sci (review) 24:263-6.
- Kwan HY, Leung PC, Huang Y, Yao X (2003) Depletion of intracellular Ca2+ stores sensitizes the flow-induced Ca2+ influx in rat endothelial cells. Circ Res 92:286-92.
- Yao X, Tian S, Chan HY, Biemesderfer D, Desir GV (2002) Expression of KCNA10, a voltage-gated K channel, in glomerular endothelium and at the apical membrane of the renal proximal tubule. J Am Soc Nephrol 13:2831-9 (One Figure was chosen as Cover page of the Journal).
- Kwan HY, Huang Y, Yao X (2000) Store-operated Ca++ entry in vascular endothelial cells is inhibited by cGMP via a protein kinase G-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem 275:6758-73.
- Yao X, Kwan HY, Chan FL, Chan NWK, Huang Y (2000) A protein kinase G-sensitive channel mediates flow-induced Ca2+ entry in endothelial cells. FASEB J 14:932-8.